Michigan Pregame Thread

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

2010 Michigan at IU game. We lost 42-35. Sitting in the endzone and Michigan Mom in front of me was telling her kid how they could fit 2 of our stadiums inside the Big House. Normal banter but the little boy asked Mom why does it seem louder here? I laughed and said good question kid...Mom didn't have a reply. 

I was at that 2010 game and then went up to Ann Arbor for the 2013 game. It was definitely louder in Bloomington in 2010. 

Looking at the hourly forecast, hopefully the rain should be done shortly after the game starts.

I hope it isn't like that game a few years ago. Forget who we were playing, but on their drive, no rain. Came back from commercial and it was a monsoon. We punted, and after that commercial the rain had stopped. 

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

Looking at the hourly forecast, hopefully the rain should be done shortly after the game starts.

I hope it isn't like that game a few years ago. Forget who we were playing, but on their drive, no rain. Came back from commercial and it was a monsoon. We punted, and after that commercial the rain had stopped. 

I remember that. My immediate thought was "Wow....even God doesn't like IU football."

8 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

No relevance to IU's game today.  Other than weather, and crowd size.  And I am sure most if not all of you missed the game. Seeing as it started at 10 pm. ET.  The "Border War" between Wyoming vs Colorado State, last night.  Despite a half time wind chill of one degree. The stadium in Laramie was packed.  And no one left early.

I could only wish to see that at IU. 

27 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

No relevance to IU's game today.  Other than weather, and crowd size.  And I am sure most if not all of you missed the game. Seeing as it started at 10 pm. ET.  The "Border War" between Wyoming vs Colorado State, last night.  Despite a half time wind chill of one degree. The stadium in Laramie was packed.  And no one left early.

I could only wish to see that at IU. 

It's Wyoming. That's considered tolerable weather there.

And the Colorado State fans present were probably just high and didn't care. :coffee:

21 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

At IU Wilbur played cornerback and returned punts for Lee Corso’s Hoosiers and was part of one of the best teams in IU history (1979 Holiday Bowl Champions) and the Hoosiers complied a 22-23 record in his five seasons (he sat out the 1981 season when IU went 3-8).

That''s what I had recalled. Forgot that he came back and played after that.

Wilbur is not enshrined in the IU Athletics Hall of Fame since he is not an IU graduate

https://hoosierhuddle.com/hoosier-blog/hoosier-legacy-player-cornerback-tim-wilbur-1978-1982/2017/4/28

did he get drafted? i don't think he played in the nfl

5 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Weather is going to play apart in the outcome of the game today...overcast,cold and its currently sprinkling rain right now...makes for a fun game to watch...i got the smoker loaded and ready for game time!

i'm getting loaded smoking too. go iu!

Just now, coachv said:

you must be the biggest iu football fan here. bet you're fun to watch the game with. i have to force my wife and kids to put on their iu gear and pretend to care

One of the joys of being single. I'm already hanging out, got some food, got my bottle of sparkling grape juice (I don't drink), and I'm all set for the game!

7 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

One of the joys of being single. I'm already hanging out, got some food, got my bottle of sparkling grape juice (I don't drink), and I'm all set for the game!

got a big pot of spicy chili on the stove and my house special bloody marys 

Archived