Michigan Pregame Thread

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Read this one earlier. Went to paste just now and found you had beat me to it . :D 

I wanted to comment though . I think it is one thing to talk it and another to go out and play like they aren't looking ahead. They came off a really emotional MSU game and are expecting another next weekend.

The one thing I do recall clearly enough to think/agree with is that last year things got chippy enough where they might not have trouble finding the motivation. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

This isn't meant as a slight to our team, but this sentence alone should haven gotten Harbaugh fired by now.

"A game that could sneakily make the case for most impressive road win of the Harbaugh era, were it to come to fruition."

I predict an IU win. Going to go with 40-24. Eff it, right. Lol 

Been mostly on fire this year and back again  to hoping I guess right instead of hoping to guess wrong like last weekend.

As anything I have predicted on this year goes it has all been built around this game being an IU upset win from day 1. 

I was previously picking a game in the low 30's for IU to high 20's for UM . I just really like how Ramsey is playing.. Senior Day and such a huge opportunity , as well as coming with no more wins needed to go bowling are one less burden that should take a ton of pressure off IU this time. 

Going with 2 less scores for each team if it is still rainy out although I am not seeing that as a factor in the now revised forecast.  30-14 IU if it's still too rainy or windy.  

I think it will be close but UM will win 24-20

Another thing it is sad to me that the traffic on this football board is so slow for this huge game.  There is way more traffic on the basketball recruiting board about a recruit who probably is choosing another school.  I guess that is why it has been so tough for the football program to ever build a consistent winner because people just care about basketball more here in Indiana.   I just wish at Iu that the fans could be excited about all of the sports and back the football just like we do basketball.

23 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

This is a game I expect us to win. No more moral victories just go take care of business.  

The optimist in me says we avoid those key mistakes we made against Penn State, and pull out a win on the way to #9Windiana

The long time IU fan in me says we are down 27-21 at the 5 yard line with 12 seconds left.   Ramsey throws, IU WR is tackled with the ball in the air.  No flag despite blatent PI (obviously), and the tipped ball results in a pick 6.

21 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

The optimist in me says we avoid those key mistakes we made against Penn State, and pull out a win on the way to #9Windiana

The long time IU fan in me says we are down 27-21 at the 5 yard line with 12 seconds left.   Ramsey throws, IU WR is tackled with the ball in the air.  No flag despite blatent PI (obviously), and the tipped ball results in a pick 6.

I can honestly see both of those in my head as well. We are more than overdue for a big time win. That comes this Saturday 

Forecast isn't looking inviting Saturday. Not sure which team that favors most. What I like about us is we've shown we can excel at several areas on offense. Short passes, taking shots down the field and run game. Will need all 3 humming to win this one. With weather...could come down to a busted play or Logan makes the FG's and Michigan kicker doesn't. 

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Forecast isn't looking inviting Saturday. Not sure which team that favors most. What I like about us is we've shown we can excel at several areas on offense. Short passes, taking shots down the field and run game. Will need all 3 humming to win this one. With weather...could come down to a busted play or Logan makes the FG's and Michigan kicker doesn't. 

The kicking game?  Hmmm.  I saw on another board where UM kickers were 10 for 16 on FGs, where as IU is perfect for the year.  No idea whether that is true or not but I assume it comes with some validity.  

7 minutes ago, rico said:

The kicking game?  Hmmm.  I saw on another board where UM kickers were 10 for 16 on FGs, where as IU is perfect for the year.  No idea whether that is true or not but I assume it comes with some validity.  

Didn't know that. Hate to bring up bad weather but it looks like a mix of rain or rain/snow. Securing points however and whenever will be come into play in those conditions. Glad we have Logan. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't know that. Hate to bring up bad weather but it looks like a mix of rain or rain/snow. Securing points however and whenever will be come into play in those conditions. Glad we have Logan. 

I may not want to see them on the field at that given moment (since it may mean 3 instead of 7, or turning the ball back over), but I never need to worry about either Logan or Hayden.  Kicking game is as solid as it gets right now. 

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I did look it up and it is indeed true...but as we know stats can be misleading.  But I will take my chances with Logan.

2 hours ago, Andy06 said:

Sounds about right

On 11/20/2019 at 11:24 AM, IU Scott said:

I think it will be close but UM will win 24-20

Another thing it is sad to me that the traffic on this football board is so slow for this huge game.  There is way more traffic on the basketball recruiting board about a recruit who probably is choosing another school.  I guess that is why it has been so tough for the football program to ever build a consistent winner because people just care about basketball more here in Indiana.   I just wish at Iu that the fans could be excited about all of the sports and back the football just like we do basketball.

I am going to my first football game in years this weekend and bringing my wife and 3 oldest boys (my 3 year old is hanging with the Grandparents)...

My oldest has been to a game before but the 2 middle boys have not.  I am hoping (praying) that their first game is a win against Michigan.  My second oldest is 8, I was around his age the last time we beat Michigan (am 41 now)...I am hoping that the next 33 years of IU football for them look more like this year and that we can kick that 33 year run off by kicking in Michigan's teeth.

All that is to say, I don't have much to say about the game, but that doesn't necessarily equate to enthusiasm.  I always said if the team could win, people would show up.  We are winning,  I am showing up.

6 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I am going to my first football game in years this weekend and bringing my wife and 3 oldest boys (my 3 year old is hanging with the Grandparents)...

My oldest has been to a game before but the 2 middle boys have not.  I am hoping (praying) that their first game is a win against Michigan.  My second oldest is 8, I was around his age the last time we beat Michigan (am 41 now)...I am hoping that the next 33 years of IU football for them look more like this year and that we can kick that 33 year run off by kicking in Michigan's teeth.

All that is to say, I don't have much to say about the game, but that doesn't necessarily equate to enthusiasm.  I always said if the team could win, people would show up.  We are winning,  I am showing up.

I am going to the Purdue game next week and went to the opening game against BSU.  I was 17 the last time we beat UM and remember having to listen to the game because eit was not even on TV.

Little help, please.  Going to this game with friends.  Does IU closely enforce the clear bag policy?  With the rain possibility will they let you bring in seat cushions, blankets?  Haven't been to Memorial in some years, so any help is appreciated.  Have a parking pass for lot/gate 12.  Also, any tips on driving into B-ton from East via 46.  Thanks!  Go Hoosiers!!        *** Forget the question about seat cushions and blankets.  I found the IU policy site.

20 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Little help, please.  Going to this game with friends.  Does IU closely enforce the clear bag policy?  With the rain possibility will they let you bring in seat cushions, blankets?  Haven't been to Memorial in some years, so any help is appreciated.  Have a parking pass for lot/gate 12.  Also, any tips on driving into B-ton from East via 46.  Thanks!  Go Hoosiers!!        *** Forget the question about seat cushions and blankets.  I found the IU policy site.

To get to Gate 12 from 46 East I would take a right on Smith Road (2nd light once in Bloomington) and take a left at the T (SR 45/10th Street). Follow 10th to the bypass and go right to 17th Street.  Left on 17th to Fee Lane and a right on Fee to Gate 12.  Smith Road helps eliminate mall traffic and tie-ups where 46 (3rd Street) meets up with the bypass.

Archived