Indiana vs Princeton Pre-Game Thread

milehiiu

Probably safer to assume this will be a disciplined fundamentally sound team.  Would like to see us remove all glimmer of hope early on.  One thing I have noticed about this version of pack line d is at times it is not a pack line at all.  Seems to me our back court is extended pretty far out, have even seen really high hedges by our bigs.  No backing down and hoping that no one gets hot from outside.  Other than Booboo getting hot in the 2nd half for port st? ive been pleased with perimeter defense while being short handed.  

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Their endowment is larger than ours.

That is true.  Considerably higher. But... they have had longer to build it.  Been a private university before the Revolutionary War.

However among public Universities.  IU is in the top 20 :

Endowment Rankings: Financial: About IUF: Indiana University Foundation: Indiana University

A brief article. But has some vital stats to date :

Indiana puts streak on line vs Princeton | College Basketball | nwitimes.com

Also from the Princeton school newspaper from earlier this month. Which give us some knowledge about the team they are bringing to SSAH :

Preview: Princeton men's basketball begins the long road to success in 2019-20 season | The Princetonian

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If I were guessing I would say yes. Keep him in the 14-17 minutes per game right now so his conditioning in live games doesn't fall off but we also aren't messing around with someone who has some injuries. 

He had strep -- I have no idea yet, but it's just going to come down to whether he's recovered yet or not.

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You be the judge:

• James Madison, Jeff Bezos, George Will, and Brooke Shields are Princeton graduates.
  • I graduated from Indiana

From the "More money than a small country" department, we have Cuban. Smaller house, but same neighborhood.

George Will....Ernie Pyle. Coin flip.

Brooke Shields....ummmm....Sage Steele is kind of cute....

They have James Madison, we have.....Dan Quayle.......yeah,you're right, Princeton wins.

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

From the "More money than a small country" department, we have Cuban. Smaller house, but same neighborhood.

George Will....Ernie Pyle. Coin flip.

Brooke Shields....ummmm....Sage Steele is kind of cute....

They have James Madison, we have.....Dan Quayle.......yeah,you're right, Princeton wins.

You totally ignored the contributions of 5Fouls.  Lets see... guess you are right. Princeton still with a narrow edge.

Tonight's game will mark only the fifth time IU has played Princeton.  Interestingly enough, this will be only the second time in AH. IU first met Princeton on Dec. 27, 1969, for an invitational hosted by UCLA.  Princeton won that game in Pauley Pavilion 86-76.

Next meeting was in Madison Square Garden for an NIT game in 1972.  Princeton won that game 68-60.

In the 1980's the two teams met in Indianapolis.  IU won  83-54.

Last time they met was in AH. A 1996 game that IU won 59-49.

23 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Trivia on Princeton's coach, Mitch Henderson:

A 1994 alumnus of Culver Military Academy in Culver, Ind., Henderson was the school's first 12-time letter winner, competing in football, basketball and baseball.

Thanks for that. And good to know Coach Henderson, will be back Home Again In Indiana.

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Trivia on Princeton's coach, Mitch Henderson:

A 1994 alumnus of Culver Military Academy in Culver, Ind., Henderson was the school's first 12-time letter winner, competing in football, basketball and baseball.

Interesting guy. 

Born in Vincennes (my home area), lived in Lexington, KY, but attended Culver.  Drafted by the Yankees out of high school. Was a 4 year starter at Princeton, which included the "back door cut" team that beat UCLA in the first round.  Has an economics degree from Princeton. Had a cup of coffee in the NBA during the '98 preseason.  Was an assistant under Carmody at Northwestern for 11 years before taking the first chair at Princeton. 

31 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Interesting guy. 

Born in Vincennes (my home area), lived in Lexington, KY, but attended Culver.  Drafted by the Yankees out of high school. Was a 4 year starter at Princeton, which included the "back door cut" team that beat UCLA in the first round.  Has an economics degree from Princeton. Had a cup of coffee in the NBA during the '98 preseason.  Was an assistant under Carmody at Northwestern for 11 years before taking the first chair at Princeton. 

Appreciate the additional intel. 

Archived