Indiana vs Louisiana Tech - Pre game

This looks to be our toughest opponent to date. Louisiana Tech is out of the Conference USA. They are currently 3-1 with their lone loss at Creighton, 82-72. They are currently # 91 in the KenPom...which is higher than some high major programs such as UCLA, Wake Forest, Northwestern, Nebraska and dare I say Evansville....

We seem to be improving each game and I hope we continue this trajectory on Monday. I'm predicting 6-0 come Monday night...but we need to stay focused and not overlook them. 

Any thoughts or is anyone familiar with Louisiana Tech?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

School is often referred to as LaTech. Located in Ruston, Louisiana.  2010 population was a shade over 21,000. 

There is a long list of notable alumni, in all walks of life.  Perhaps the most famous athlete is Terry Bradshaw. On the BB side...Karl Malone.

List of Louisiana Tech University people 

I would say their most famous athlete is Phil Robertson.  Nobody knew who he was until about 10 years ago, but boy do they now!!!

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Whoa, we think we play a lot of guys. They have 6 players that average over 20 minutes per game, 9 over 15 per, and 11 over 10 per.

But they don't have much height. Scoring is spread out with 2 players averaging 11 per game. Look to definitely be guard oriented.

Going to be interesting to see how much, and how effectively, our 'big' lineup plays vs. playing with a wing or three-guard group.

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I know you just have to get wins but I just heard our SOS is around 345. Not a good look IMO but missing the tournament isn't either 

The question is how deep the B1G will be. Generally the SOS should significantly jump with B1G conference play. Do have some concerns that the B1G may not be as good or deep as anticipated. Our guys need to avoid 'bad' losses, and get good W's during conference play, regardless, that's the path.

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I know you just have to get wins but I just heard our SOS is around 345. Not a good look IMO but missing the tournament isn't either 

Like in real life, I like cupcakes, but I've about had my fill.

After the Troy game I was ready to play a P5 team and measure from there.

25 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

The question is how deep the B1G will be. Generally the SOS should significantly jump with B1G conference play. Do have some concerns that the B1G may not be as good or deep as anticipated. Our guys need to avoid 'bad' losses, and get good W's during conference play, regardless, that's the path.

For me personally I feel that only having around 10 teams in all D1 with a weaker schedule is embarrassing 

We have exactly the type of schedule we needed for this season.  We simply moved the usual 2-3 December cupcakes to November. 

Very few, if any, Power 5 schools will have as solid a December slate as we do.  Not a cupcake in the bunch.  How many other schools will be able to say that Nebraska was their weakest December opponent?

18 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Crawl before you walk. Walk before you run.

I don't mind this schedule. Sure, it looks bad after the first few games, but then it's LaTech (91 Kenpom), FSU (14), UConn (77), Notre Dame (52), and Arkansas (24). Throw in Wisconsin (38) and that's 6 top 100 Kenpom games before the bulk of B1G play.

6 minutes ago, GoshenFan84 said:

I don't mind this schedule. Sure, it looks bad after the first few games, but then it's LaTech (91 Kenpom), FSU (14), UConn (77), Notre Dame (52), and Arkansas (24). Throw in Wisconsin (38) and that's 6 top 100 Kenpom games before the bulk of B1G play.

That's why I am not concerned about our current SOS.

14 hours ago, GoshenFan84 said:

Yep. All day long. Perfect schedule for this team given new players meshing with old. Honestly the way the NCAA Tourney Committee prioritized wins over schedule strength wins last year.....I'll take 8-9 cupcakes every single year.

Archived