What will it take for IU to make the Top 25

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/22/2019 at 1:38 PM, NY hoosier said:

🤨

We made the top 25 just 2 weeks ago, we are heading to a bowl game, play our in-state rival this Saturday, and a short work week! What's not to love?

Turns out it was a double bonus as getting ranked moved the dubious honor to Purdue of becoming the new Power 5 conference team with the longest streak of not being ranked in the Top 25.

We are favored by 6.5 right now. I expect to see us win by more than 2 touchdowns.

Go Hoosiers!!!

6 minutes ago, IUaic said:

We made the top 25 just 2 weeks ago, we are heading to a bowl game, play our in-state rival this Saturday, and a short work week! What's not to love?

Turns out it was a double bonus as getting ranked moved the dubious honor to Purdue of becoming the new Power 5 conference team with the longest streak of not being ranked in the Top 25.

We are favored by 6.5 right now. I expect to see us win by more than 2 touchdowns.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Right church wrong pew. 

8 hours ago, IU878176 said:

What’s a newspaper ?

It’s funny, my in-laws insisted on getting us a newspaper subscription last year for Xmas, even after we told them we didn’t want it and wouldn’t read it. Other than my wife cutting some coupons out of the Sunday edition, everyday I literally walk to the end of the driveway and pick up the paper and drop it directly into the recycle bin on my way back in the house. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It’s funny, my in-laws insisted on getting us a newspaper subscription last year for Xmas, even after we told them we didn’t want it and wouldn’t read it. Other than my wife cutting some coupons out of the Sunday edition, everyday I literally walk to the end of the driveway and pick up the paper and drop it directly into the recycle bin on my way back in the house. 

Only reason we get it is because we are offered a dirt cheap Senior discount for five days of the week.And when we threaten to stop it, they keep coming up with other offers. Last offer was a $40.00 gift card to our local grocery store. My wife enjoys the crossword puzzles. And the grocery store ads, along with the Target Sunday ad. Takes me about a minute to get through the sports page. Already know it. But like to check for high school scores.  Our paper gets delivered around 2 in the morning. So any late games, such as Wyoming vs Colorado State this past weekend, doesn't get reported till the next day.  Oh, and what does not go into recycling, I save to use as kindling for my charcoal firestarter. 

I'm not thaaat old, but to sound like one of the older guys, man, it's kind of sad to see the newspaper going away.

I was a paper boy as a kid, great first job for a kid, made good money delivering papers all over the neighborhood, while getting to know the neighborhood people and the college guys in their rentals.

The metro (train) into school and later work in DC, everyone reading the paper, or the bullet train to NYC.

Now everyone's on their phones or tablets. Just not the same. So shout out to the newspaper as it slowly disappears.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I hear ya. Back when we first moved here, the Houston Chronicle gave us a year of everyday delivery for like $5. Threw it in the recycle bin 6 days a week, but kept the Sunday. Just get the Sunday edition now...Coupons and we do need bird cage liner...

37 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Speaking of editors, do they even have them anymore? From this mornings Top 25 and 1...

1883733618.png

Took me a while to figure that one out. Kept re-reading and saying to myself..."what's wrong with that ?"  Then I looked up at the record, and laughed. But you are right. What little I do read, I see errors all of the time.

8 hours ago, BGleas said:

Maybe they thought you just needed some exercise!

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I hear ya. Back when we first moved here, the Houston Chronicle gave us a year of everyday delivery for like $5. Threw it in the recycle bin 6 days a week, but kept the Sunday. Just get the Sunday edition now...Coupons and we do need bird cage liner...

after graduation, i used to get the herald-telephone delivered to my door daily via the usps...in san francisco! no extra charge if you can believe that. needed my indiana sports coverage from bob hamel. ah, the days before george w. invented the internets

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I have been a lifelong subscriber to our Evansville C&P. But a few years ago, it was purchased by USA Today. Soon after,, the new owners closed the local office and now our paper comes out of Louisville! Our "local" sports news and scores now shows up in the paper 2 days later!

Sad.......

Horrible.  Same thing with the Gary Post Tribune. Which I used to read daily over the internet.  First. The Chicago Sun Times bought the GPT.  And kept up the integrity of the paper. Then, the Chicago Tribune took over. And most, if not all I get is Chicago news.  At least I still have what used to be the Hammond Times, now called the NWI  Times to get news out of the "Region".

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Horrible.  Same thing with the Gary Post Tribune. Which I used to read daily over the internet.  First. The Chicago Sun Times bought the GPT.  And kept up the integrity of the paper. Then, the Chicago Tribune took over. And most, if not all I get is Chicago news.  At least I still have what used to be the Hammond Times, now called the NWI  Times to get news out of the "Region".

I was going to cancel our subscription because the monthly fee kept going up and up. So, when I called, they knocked the fee down in half. The wife likes it for the crosswords and reading the obituaries.....  🙄

• 2 weeks later...

Been tracking Sagarin the last few days since this thread.

Date             Rank  Rating    
2019.11.23    40    83.67    
2019.11.24    38    83.82
2019.11.25    38    83.94    
2019.11.26    32    84.51    
2019.11.27    31    85.47    
2019.11.29    33    84.89
2019.11.30    31    84.89
2019.12.02    30    84.82
2019.12.03    31    84.91
2019.12.04    18    87.36

What will it take for IU to make the top 25 ?

I guess it takes a win over a previously #17 team.

College basketball rankings: Michigan State falls out of Top 25 And 1 after loss to Duke - CBSSports.

IU in

MSU out

IU is in at 17.  FSU drops one slot.  Deservedly so. Considering their second half comeback against, the now current #17 team.  Job well done. Despite the loss to IU.  And yes, FSU has a very honorable coach.

A disaster for MSU. Considering where they started the season out , and where they are now today.  Reminds me of the saying...."It's not where you start, but where you end up. "

GO HOOSIERS !

12 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

A disaster for MSU. Considering where they started the season out , and where they are now today. 

I watched a fair amount of that game, and it appeared to me that all you have to do is shut down Winston, and the snake is dead. There were several possessions that Duke didn't even allow Winston to touch the ball, much less do anything with it.

MSU seemed lost without Winston's leadership and control of the offense.

1 minute ago, DWB said:

I watched a fair amount of that game, and it appeared to me that all you have to do is shut down Winston, and the snake is dead. There were several possessions that Duke didn't even allow Winston to touch the ball, much less do anything with it.

"I approve this message" - Rob Phinisee

24 minutes ago, DWB said:

Agree. I haven't watched much of MSU, but the few bits of the game I did see Duke was almost even doubling Winston to get the ball out of his hands and it was pretty much over from there. They seem to really miss not having Josh Langford and of course Nick Ward deciding to leave early. 

Archived