What will it take for IU to make the Top 25

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile, Tom “Crybaby” Izzo remains top 15 which is just as questionable as why the Hoosiers aren’t ranked!  In all honesty, this is exactly the locker room motivation this team needs to continue the climb.  Let’s focus on the long term goal and that’s to go dancing!  Rankings don’t mean crap as we all are witnessing.  Go Hoosiers

The question at this point is, who in the top 25 do we deserve to be ranked over?  I looked at the rankings the other day and couldn’t find anyone that jumped out as having a significantly worse resume than us, but I didn’t look into it that closely.  We have home wins over FSU, MSU, and OSU, and neutral court wins over UCONN and ND.  Those are the only wins that really move the needle.  No bad losses, but no good road wins either.  Whose spot in the top 25 do we deserve instead?

Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

The question at this point is, who in the top 25 do we deserve to be ranked over?  I looked at the rankings the other day and couldn’t find anyone that jumped out as having a significantly worse resume than us, but I didn’t look into it that closely.  We have home wins over FSU, MSU, and OSU, and neutral court wins over UCONN and ND.  Those are the only wins that really move the needle.  No bad losses, but no good road wins either.  Whose spot in the top 25 do we deserve instead?

I think we are a borderline Top 25 team - if we keep improving we should be ranked by the end of the year. I agree with you, right now, it's hard to make a compelling case there is anyone we should be ranked over. All the teams in front of us have first movers advantage. 

Even if we get into the top 25 a loss will have us right back out. To get where we want to be we need to be firmly inside like around the 15-20 range so that when we slip up we still stay up there. That said Rutgers and Penn St. are right there. With all these B1G teams we just keep going around on a merry go round from 25-30 until someone runs off 3 or 4 and separates themselves. Gotta think win 2 out of next 3 and we will likely be ranked.

Archived