Michigan Game Thread

milehiiu

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

This might be the first time this season we can really see the difference between Ramsey and Penix.  Not a good game for Ramsey today.

It's hard to imagine Penix being that much more successful against the level of pressure Michigan has gotten most of the game. But you're right. What we see is Ramsey can't make a lot of throws without a crystal clean pocket. He definitely lacks the arm to make intermediate or more throws in tight windows under any pressure.

1 minute ago, D-BONE said:

It's hard to imagine Penix being that much more successful against the level of pressure Michigan has gotten most of the game. But you're right. What we see is Ramsey can't make a lot of throws without a crystal clean pocket. He definitely lacks the arm to make intermediate or more throws in tight windows under any pressure.

Penix just gets passes out so much quicker and keeps defenses on their heels.  I think he's only been sacked 1 time between last year and this year.

8 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

Penix is a gamechanger.  The fact that he can hit the slants with half the time of Ramsey would open things up.  He would also use our big receivers 

3 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Why?  Purdue is down 21 to Wisconsin, and Michigan has been miles better than Wisconsin the last month.

Primarily because the game is in WL. I would say the teams are approximately on the same level. Line should be no more than a FG. However, Purdue seems to be playing better as the season has worn on. Whereas we seem to have plateaued. That's why I think it's a must win for us. We have to show the improvement this season is legit. A win on the road for the bucket would do that, as opposed to backing into the bowl  with 3 consecutive losses. 

Just now, D-BONE said:

Primarily because the game is in WL. I would say the teams are approximately on the same level. Line should be no more than a FG. However, Purdue seems to be playing better as the season has worn on. Whereas we seem to have plateaued. That's why I think it's a must win for us. We have to show the improvement this season is legit. A win on the road for the bucket would do that, as opposed to backing into the bowl  with 3 consecutive losses. 

I think we should be a slight favorite.  Somewhere in the 3-5 point range.

And yes, we really, really need a win next week.

• KDB locked this topic

Archived