Michigan Postgame Thread

KDB

In regards to opening at Wiscy next year.....

For a program like ours the luck (good or bad) of the schedule makes such a big difference.  4 years ago this years @Nebraska and Northwestern games looked like they would be tough but it turns out they are both pretty bad teams this year.

Minnesota is a great example. Their 3 cross over games this season were PSU, MD and Rutgers.  They beat the two doormats and lost to PSU. I have little doubt they would have also lost to OSU and UM.   I miss the old days of smaller conferences and playing everyone (and twice in hoops).

1 hour ago, IU878176 said:

In regards to opening at Wiscy next year.....

For a program like ours the luck (good or bad) of the schedule makes such a big difference.  4 years ago this years @Nebraska and Northwestern games looked like they would be tough but it turns out they are both pretty bad teams this year.

Minnesota is a great example. Their 3 cross over games this season were PSU, MD and Rutgers.  They beat the two doormats and lost to PSU. I have little doubt they would have also lost to OSU and UM.   I miss the old days of smaller conferences and playing everyone (and twice in hoops).

Minny beat PSU...

We lost this game because we couldn't extend the field enough with Whop out, and their receivers were all faster than our defensive backfield.

There were so many 15-yard crossing route catches that turned into huge gains or touchdowns because their guy was simply faster than our guy.

It was a huge disappointment.  I honestly expected IU to win this one, and I was hyped for it.

This season is still an unmitigated success, and IU still has a chance to hang a big win on Purdue and finish 8-4!

I was at the game and here are a few thoughts.

Inexcusable for it to take replay to see that the UM kick returner was laying on the ground. 

There was a 4th and short we went for and got, called back for holding.  It's very possible we did hold, but that flag was thrown at the snap.  My UM friend I went to the game with looked at me and guessed offsides, based on the timing of the flag.  Felt like it was predetermined. 

No Whop definitely hurt, plus Ramsey, Scott, Fryfogle, and Bedford getting dinged up. 

UM was just simply the better team. 

Our secondary wasn't great, but not as bad as the numbers look either.   Patterson made some throws he hasn't shown he is capable of.   He had perfect placement on 4 or 5 deep balls that he hasn't shown the ability to do.

Why did Harbaugh go for 2?  That's bush league. 

3 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

I was at the game and here are a few thoughts.

Inexcusable for it to take replay to see that the UM kick returner was laying on the ground. 

There was a 4th and short we went for and got, called back for holding.  It's very possible we did hold, but that flag was thrown at the snap.  My UM friend I went to the game with looked at me and guessed offsides, based on the timing of the flag.  Felt like it was predetermined. 

No Whop definitely hurt, plus Ramsey, Scott, Fryfogle, and Bedford getting dinged up. 

UM was just simply the better team. 

Our secondary wasn't great, but not as bad as the numbers look either.   Patterson made some throws he hasn't shown he is capable of.   He had perfect placement on 4 or 5 deep balls that he hasn't shown the ability to do.

I thought the penalty on 4th and 1 was big. It was a 10 point game and IU looked to be ready to score at least 3. 

Going for 2 was a head scratcher. Along with having his starting QB throw up 25 late. 

Another classy touch was Michigan fans singing Christmas carols about Ohio State when both Scott and Bedford were down on the field. 

I look forward to seeing OSU thump them next weekend. 

4 hours ago, Andy06 said:

Is it?  Maybe he was just letting tOSU know a little something.  I remember when Notre Dame did an on-side kick against us back in the early 90's.  Holtz wanted to show something.  Maybe Harbaugh was sending the Bucknuts a message?

On 11/23/2019 at 10:31 PM, rico said:

I am calmed down now after being utterly disappointed earlier.  Drank a few more beers and collected my thoughts.  Lots of blame to be passed around for sure and I ain't gonna point fingers at anyone.  It was a team loss.  But I will say one thing right now...Ohio St. better watch out for the Wolverines.  All I got.

You're right, Rico.  Playing OSU at home with the way Michigan is playing right now...it's a toss up, in my humble opinion.

Archived