D’Ante Davis (2022)

dgambill

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Figure I’d give him his own thread. Be interesting to watch and see how he progresses. Seeing as how incredible his brother is doing for us could be a great in already.

That’s not TJD’s brother. D’ante is DeAndre Davis’s brother who is committed to Louisville from Lawrence Central. 

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Word I heard is that one of the reasons Louisville took DeAndre is that they really want D'Ante

How in the hell can Louisville go from all the scandal it went thur..the Bowen paying deal..and be ranked #2 and getting top ranked recruits...i just dont understand..and IU goes thur all its struggles and losing out on a some recruits. 

20 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

How in the hell can Louisville go from all the scandal it went thur..the Bowen paying deal..and be ranked #2 and getting top ranked recruits...i just dont understand..and IU goes thur all its struggles and losing out on a some recruits. 

They have better Swiss bankers.

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

Hookers and blow.

3 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Chris Mack is the real deal.  

12 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Call me skeptical. He did a fine job at Xavier, but not much different than CAM. Then goes to UL and gets any recruit he wants without any accomplishment there. 🤔

I love CAM but Mack has a better resume in the tourney and played in a better conference.  Just my opinion 

18 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I love CAM but Mack has a better resume in the tourney and played in a better conference.  Just my opinion 

I'll be 100% honest and say that while a lot of things about Mack rub me the wrong way (I'm guessing some of those things kept IU from giving him a long look), he is more established than Miller right now...

That said, it will only take a couple of winning seasons before Miller is entrenched among IU fans...He is so much more real and so much more consistent in his approach than Crean was, it will be sustainable when it happens.

I think the old adage of:
- Lose Big
- Lose close
- Win close
- Win big 

is where we are headed with Miller...it would have been nice to skip the second year of that, it seemed like we might, but last years team was out of sorts even when we were 12-2...the losing streak was in part the injuries and in part the fact that the team was never right for some reason...we played much better in the second half of the BIG but it was too late at that point...

I think that the foundation is much better this year and it will pay off regionally (and then nationally) in recruiting for years to come, its just going to be a couple more years before we see the payoff in full...

49 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Call me skeptical. He did a fine job at Xavier, but not much different than CAM. Then goes to UL and gets any recruit he wants without any accomplishment there. 🤔

Mack recruited well at Xavier so I’m not surprised he’s gotten even better recruits with the budget at UL and know I don’t mean that he’s paying players.

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

He actually struck out on quite a few this year and last. They took grad transfers and added to what was already there and really exceeded expectations last year.

• 4 weeks later...

Went to his game on Tuesday and apparently so did Mike Roberts.  He was very impressive.  Should end up being top 50 and I could easily see him even higher if he adds some weight and continues to grow.  Depending on how they develop, I think the 2022 class could have little drop off from the 2021 class with him, Jalen Washington, Will Loving-Watts, Leland Walker, Tayven Jackson, Kamari Lands, and some others I'm sure will emerge.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 10:54 AM, Vincent14 said:

Went to his game on Tuesday and apparently so did Mike Roberts.  He was very impressive.  Should end up being top 50 and I could easily see him even higher if he adds some weight and continues to grow.  Depending on how they develop, I think the 2022 class could have little drop off from the 2021 class with him, Jalen Washington, Will Loving-Watts, Leland Walker, Tayven Jackson, Kamari Lands, and some others I'm sure will emerge.  

Total agreement with this!

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, Go__Hoosiers said:

We are playing from behind on this recruitment right now I would guess - but a lot can change depending on the depth chart/his brother's experience at Louisville.

I wouldn’t think we are too far behind since this kid just finished his sophomore season and is entering his jr year. 

Archived