Will Lovings-Watts (2022)

dgambill

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I will say this.  South's JV was not very good this year, at least not the two times I saw them play.  Watts would certainly help, but they will definitely be losing more (Leal, Bomba, Jagr) than they can replace.  Top 10, yes.  #1, not so sure about that.   

The rest of 4A will be down. Also... BS had 2 subs on their varsity that could play. They just didn't get in a lot, but they can play particularly a PG. 

Yes their JV struggled except when they played us. Had us down 4 with a min to go and we turned them over twice and won on a last second shot. 

@5fouls on paper the only teams I see stopping them from Semi State are CN and FC. Both worthy opponents and they won't have a coaching advantage against FC, CN loses a lot, but still have Barker and Harmon.. they have no one that can guard WLW. 

FC is just flat out underrated. Heidbreder can play. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

@5fouls on paper the only teams I see stopping them from Semi State are CN and FC. Both worthy opponents and they won't have a coaching advantage against FC, CN loses a lot, but still have Barker and Harmon.. they have no one that can guard WLW. 

FC is just flat out underrated. Heidbreder can play. 

Floyd was every bit as tough as South was last season.  South beat FC on a last second shot by Leal in OT.  And, the games Silver Creek played against the two were eerily similar.  Leal beat Creek on a last second shot.  Creek came from behind to beat FC by 1 when the Highlanders missed the last second shot.  

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Floyd was every bit as tough as South was last season.  South beat FC on a last second shot by Leal in OT.  And, the games Silver Creek played against the two were eerily similar.  Leal beat Creek on a last second shot.  Creek came from behind to beat FC by 1 when the Highlanders missed the last second shot.  

Correct. I scouted those games. Bloom S "good" was better than FCs "good". But FC is soo good about talking your top priorities away. 

FC can really muck up a game. Make it all about Heidbreder in the pnr and pick and pop and then Washington hammering the off glass.

I agree they were as tough, but FC was not as talented as Bloom S last year. (Not that BS would have automatically won, just saying BS last year was so talented and balanced). 

I find it odd that we haven’t offered or shown much interest to Kamari Lands from LaLu. He is a 6’6 SF ranked very highly in all the rankings. He would’ve been at Cathedral had he not transferred to LaLu. Anybody know why we haven’t shown much interest or offer him yet?

Edited by btroesch14

10 minutes ago, btroesch14 said:

I find it odd that we haven’t offered or shown much interest to Kamari Lands from LaLu. He is a 6’6 SF ranked very highly in all the rankings. He would’ve been at Cathedral had he not transferred to LaLu. Anybody know why we haven’t shown much interest or offer him yet?

Not really to be rude, but this probably should be discussed somewhere else. 

But... I would say there is a distinct reason we aren't recruiting him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Not really to be rude, but this probably should be discussed somewhere else. 

But... I would say there is a distinct reason we aren't recruiting him. 

What is the reason why we aren’t recruiting Kamari? Why would we recruit Loving-Watts then? He is gonna play for like his 3rd HS team in 3 years and he quit Jeffersonville during the middle of the season. 

1 minute ago, btroesch14 said:

What is the reason why we aren’t recruiting Kamari? Why would we recruit Loving-Watts then? He is gonna play for like his 3rd HS team in 3 years and he quit Jeffersonville during the middle of the season. 

Ok to be clear... I dont know the reason. There are a lot of things at play with the Jeff deal. 

And no... this will be his 2nd HS team. You know, less than the amount of team Kamaris brother has played for.  

57 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ok to be clear... I dont know the reason. There are a lot of things at play with the Jeff deal. 

And no... this will be his 2nd HS team. You know, less than the amount of team Kamaris brother has played for.  

Jalen Coleman-Lands is Kamari’s cousin I believe. Yes, he will have played for his third college team this season. But, just because Kamari’s cousin transfers a lot doesn’t mean he will. 

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

Hearing Mr. Watts will be attending Bloomington South or La Lu. 

If he transfers to Bloomington South it probably puts them #1 overall in the state with Hickman and the younger Bomba back. They'll lack true size, but goodness they'll be athletic. 

I see him about twice a week at Meijer...he works there pushing carts...major loss for Jeff if he does leave

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, btroesch14 said:

Jalen Coleman-Lands is Kamari’s cousin I believe. Yes, he will have played for his third college team this season. But, just because Kamari’s cousin transfers a lot doesn’t mean he will. 

I agree. Just trying to understand what this has to do with WLW? 

20 hours ago, btroesch14 said:

Has IU had any success with kids from La Lu? Seems we’ve just been burned. Probably isn’t the type of kid CAM appears to value highly on the team. CAM seems more of a coaches son or notice players from specific HS programs/AAU programs that he values more than just the overall talent level. Might be a reason but I look at where he recruits kids from...and the programs are typically top notch.

heard from a pretty good source that he will be back at Jeff next season. The players seem to like what the new coach is saying. He's reached out to all returning players since taking the job. There is also supposed to be a transfer from Louisville who played middle school ball in Jeff. He's decided to come back to Jeff along with his little brother who will be a freshman.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2020 at 1:07 PM, dgambill said:

Has IU had any success with kids from La Lu? Seems we’ve just been burned. Probably isn’t the type of kid CAM appears to value highly on the team. CAM seems more of a coaches son or notice players from specific HS programs/AAU programs that he values more than just the overall talent level. Might be a reason but I look at where he recruits kids from...and the programs are typically top notch.

Hanner Perea went to La Lu.

Keion Brooks, Jr. graduated from La Lu.

So I'd say we haven't done so well.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, daddio4iu said:

heard from a pretty good source that he will be back at Jeff next season. The players seem to like what the new coach is saying. He's reached out to all returning players since taking the job. There is also supposed to be a transfer from Louisville who played middle school ball in Jeff. He's decided to come back to Jeff along with his little brother who will be a freshman.

My niece talked to him and he told her he doesn't know yet...hopefully he stays at Jeff....next time I see him at Meijer I'll ask myself lol

13 hours ago, daddio4iu said:

I hope he does stay at Jeff. It does make it interesting though. 

On 6/1/2020 at 3:58 AM, daddio4iu said:

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...