Dressing, Stuffing or Filling ?

milehiiu

Stuffing. Although I prefer non-stuffed stuffing. Putting it in the bird makes it come out too pudding-like.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/maple-whiskey-gravy-3166780

Try the above. Co-worker turned me on to it last year. It's drinkable. And it's an excuse to buy a fresh bottle of bourbon for the holidays....not that one is needed, of course.

We have the traditional sage dressing, both in the bird and out.

However, this year my son is going to make a recipe that my manager swears by... White Castle dressing. 

2/3 White Castles. 1/3 Pepperidge Farms sage and onion bread crumbs in a food processor. Melted butter and bake.

My son and I will probably be the only two who try this.

We’ll see...

15 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

However, this year my son is going to make a recipe that my manager swears by... White Castle dressing. 

2/3 White Castles. 1/3 Pepperidge Farms sage and onion bread crumbs in a food processor. Melted butter and bake.

We’ll see...

Just trying to figure out how you get White Castle in Angola?😄

15 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Just trying to figure out how you get White Castle in Angola?😄

Don't know about Angola. However, here in Colorado, they are available in the freezer counters of my local grocery store, and at Walmart.  Microwave. Per directions.  IMHO best if let to defrost.

The Original White Castle Stuffing Recipe 

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Don't know about Angola. However, here in Colorado, they are available in the freezer counters of my local grocery store, and at Walmart.  Microwave. Per directions.  IMHO best if let to defrost.

I just remember my time in Angola a few decades ago, we had Rosie's diner and Fred's a White Castle knock off! Here in Georgia, White Castle is not in the deli isle. 😖

We do have Krystal though. 😀

10 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I just remember my time in Angola a few decades ago, we had Rosie's diner and Fred's a White Castle knock off! Here in Georgia, White Castle is not in the deli isle. 😖

Do believe that  Krystal would be an acceptable substitute. 

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

We’ll see...

I bet you the turkey gets the runs!

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Neither Rosie’s or Fred’s is in business anymore.

Closest we have to a White Castle knockoff is Powers in FtWayne 

11 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Neither Rosie’s or Fred’s is in business anymore.

Closest we have to a White Castle knockoff is Powers in FtWayne 

I do miss sitting on the balcony at Rosie's, place only had about 8 seats around the counter! Rosie other than the humor was a Rosanne clone! The balcony was sitting on top of the cigarette machine!    

Overnight mind thoughts about White Castle substitutes.  We already have the frozen kind. And Krystal.  Two other thoughts came to me.  For people at both ends of the state.

Powers in Fort Wayne. As mentioned above. And The New White Steamer in Washington.

As far as filling.  It seems to be a Pennsylvania thing. 

Pennsylvania Dutch-Style Potato Filling - The Washington Post

My grandmother's dressing, has no recipe and it passed down from coal miners daughters to their daughters.  All I know is you throw the real salty style cornbread that's cook in a cast iron skillet along with milk, eggs, celery, seasonings, white bread crumbles and probably something, I'm thinking bacon grease.  Bake it.  I got the taste right last year but it was dry.  I'm thinking more milk.  

Archived