The Bucket Pre-Game Thread

milehiiu

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I'm a little worried about this one. IU is not quite as good as we hoped. On the road, rivalry game, I think it'll be close. Hopefully, we can regain some of our momentum.

Honestly it depends on who plays. If Whop is still out, that’ll be a big deal. If him and Scott play, you guys will win IMO. Unless Moore miraculously plays lol. Which I highly doubt. 

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Honestly it depends on who plays. If Whop is still out, that’ll be a big deal. If him and Scott play, you guys will win IMO. Unless Moore miraculously plays lol. Which I highly doubt. 

Unless he's been secretly working out at full speed for 2 weeks, Moore would have 2 months of rust to shake off.  Would make for a hell of a diversion though. 

8 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

So what was his injury a tear or sprain? 

Not sure they’ve kept it very hush hush. Don’t think it was a tear as he would’ve been ruled out immediately for the rest of the season right after it happened IMO. I’m guessing either a really bad sprain or possibly a slight tear. 

2 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

Glad Whop will be back, but I think we need Scott. Right now weather report is very windy and heavy rain.

Going to be a run the ball/stop the run game.  Should be in our favor,  but never confident going into RossAde

That be MossAde...

14 hours ago, Andy06 said:

Not gonna lie, I watched the Illinois game and hoped the bucket game would be similar conditions.   It definitely hurts the Purdue air attack. 

I don't mind the wind but I hope it is not heavy rain because that will be hard to sit through the whole game but will try.

On 11/25/2019 at 10:22 AM, Seeking6 said:

Have long been saying this and I know Mitch has been saying since his arrival. He was on 1260 last month here in Indy and essentially said the brain trust up in Chicago (league offices) didn't think the game needed to be moved. Rivalry week tv implications,etc...

In the current format the game either needs to be moved to September when students are on campus so that both WL and Bloomington can benefit.....or just move it to Indy as a last solution because playing a rivalry game when no students are on campus is bad optics for the programs and for the conference in terms of TV. 

this is an interesting conundrum. moving the rivalry game to sept is less than ideal. hate the idea of moving it to indy. of course, the same situation faces every other school rivalry game. either iu and purdue are going to have to get better to bring out the fans or we are just going to have to move thanksgiving

22 hours ago, 5 championships said:

CTA said Whop is playing. Scott and Bedford likely game time decision. If Scott plays as well I feel pretty confident PU won’t be able to stop him. He is a load! 

i wouldn't say he has been a load this season. just an average big ten back

46 minutes ago, coachv said:

i wouldn't say he has been a load this season. just an average big ten back

He's somewhere around 125-150 yards short of his 2nd straight 1000 yard season.  Don't recall the number offhand, but there's not very many backs in our history with multiple 1000 yard seasons. 

Archived