La Tech Postgame

FKIM01

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not having Rob did not help.  Your only as good as your best pg and big.  Team found away to win!  Green looked out of gas on D and O.  Al, really appreciate him and he is a team leader.  Much different team with the ball in Robs hands.  With that being said, scored 80+ again and things can be special once healthy.  Archie is correct, D second half was not inspiring and they are capable of more.  Take the W and get back in the lab.

Kind of surprised to see the game thread was so negative.  Second half was sloppy, but we were never in any real danger. Durham and Green carried the team in the first half, and then TJD just took it over in the second half... Kid is a stud.  We still haven’t played anybody, but all you can ask is that they take care of business against the team in front of them.  And the improved free throw shooting is something that should be able to translate against any team.

Didn’t catch the second half. I did see however that DD played just 4 minutes. I know this may be partially due to conditioning/matchups, but does anyone else feel like there is more going on? I’m not convinced that he is really that much worse on D or in transition then Brunk, and yet he gets a fraction of his minutes.

What gives?

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Was it the 20th turnover or 28th foul that convinced you?

Now KenPom 89.  This is not a cupcake no matter how much you want to believe that.  They also forced 18 IU turnovers and out-shot IU at IU.

Teams lower rated than this solid cupcake:

5-0 SMU, 5-2 St. John's, 3-2 Northwestern, 4-1 UCLA, 4-2 Boston College, 5-1 St. Louis, 5-1 Vanderbilt, 3-2 Nebraska, 5-2 UMass & Kentucky killer U of Evansville

This was not a cupcake, solid or otherwise.  You can credit a lot of the fouls and turnovers on what the other team was doing.  Both teams improved their KenPom ratings as a result of this game. 

58 minutes ago, madmax said:

Didn’t catch the second half. I did see however that DD played just 4 minutes. I know this may be partially due to conditioning/matchups, but does anyone else feel like there is more going on? I’m not convinced that he is really that much worse on D or in transition then Brunk, and yet he gets a fraction of his minutes.

What gives?

Oh yes he is. Big difference.

Still trying to figure Hunter out. Can't tout the leg condition deal very much longer. He seems (besides DD) the slowest guy out there and his shooting up to this point is lackluster. May be a confidence deal idk, but the way CAM talked at the start of the season I expected a little more. Not throwing in the towel, look at Justin. Hope he gets it going. It would add alot more to this team. 

7 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Need starting point for flow - we really need to get healthy. 

That said I am nowhere near as negative as i’m Hearing. Still a comfortable w, missing Rob. When some guys don’t play their best others step up - a sign of a good team 

I agree about Rob. Someone else said it in the game thread...Al and Devonte out there together can be very erratic...Very good sometimes, very bad others...Rob dictates tempo better than either and takes care of the ball better.

Franklin plays pretty well for a freshman. He took 3 charges last night, and I'm not sure we took 3 charges all year last year. I'm sure CAM will point that out during film sessions.

As far as the negativity goes, I can understand it. If we play like we did for the first 14 minutes of the game, we're an upper echelon B10 team. If we play like we did for the rest of the game, we're middle of the pack at best. I felt Archie's frustration during the post game presser. He sees the potential, but the team leadership has to realize it as well. 

While I'll agree LA Tech should get credit for some of what we saw late in the 1st half and all through the 2nd, we didn't do ourselves any favors with our uninspired play. Thank God for TJD...

5 hours ago, Moyeneeded said:

Still trying to figure Hunter out. Can't tout the leg condition deal very much longer. He seems (besides DD) the slowest guy out there and his shooting up to this point is lackluster. May be a confidence deal idk, but the way CAM talked at the start of the season I expected a little more. Not throwing in the towel, look at Justin. Hope he gets it going. It would add alot more to this team. 

Well it takes time to adjust to the playing speed of high major D1 basketball. Especially after taking a year off because of injury. He will be inconsistent throughout the year. It's to be expected. He has never been overly fast he is skilled and long. Not to mention it's not like he is playing every minute of every game so he will take even longer to get up to speed with his limited minutes. 

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i think it's safe to say that people were a little over excited about Hunter.  RP will make a huge difference when back.  we have nice pieces though.  should be a fun team to watch.  

I'm just getting a feeling that Rob is never really going to be healthy.  Hope I'm wrong but he always seems to be out.  It's like Mo Creek all over again.

Archived