Jerome Hunter/Damezi Anderson

IUFLA

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Oh man, you keep coming back with this but of course, not once have you managed to describe what Smith does, you know, as a "3". You really should just drop this. You can't describe anything he does as a "3", because he doesn't play as a "3", or you have no grasp of what a "3" is. The real question, maybe, is why I even bother responding. Apparently, pointless. 

What is your definition of a 3 because I showed on our last two championship teams we did not have a typical 3.  Calloway was a good slasher and could shoot inside 15 feet but did not shot well from deep.  He also was not a great ball handler or great passer.  Kitchel was a great shooter from deep but was not a good ball handler.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What is your definition of a 3 because I showed on our last two championship teams we did not have a typical 3.  Calloway was a good slasher and could shoot inside 15 feet but did not shot well from deep.  He also was not a great ball handler or great passer.  Kitchel was a great shooter from deep but was not a good ball handler.

Scott, it's not my definition of a 3, it's what a 3 is. 

20 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

No. Not going to play this game. You can pull up any one of my and Gleas's innumerable posts summarizing what everyone knows to be a 3. You don't have an alternative definition, Scott, a wing is a wing. Maybe you would like me to tell you what a point guard is?

Hang on a sec HH.  Are we talking chicken wings, turkey wings, pheasant wings, or buffalo wings?  Just being curious.

7 hours ago, Reacher said:

I'd hate to bore you with mine. My 3 on 3 tournament stories are much better. I'd really like to hear some stories from ColonialCrester about his prison league. 

He has some interesting 3/3 stories. The first 3 stands for "3rd world hookers". I'll let you guess what the 2nd one stands for.

:coffee:

16 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Oh man, you keep coming back with this but of course, not once have you managed to describe what Smith does, you know, as a "3". You really should just drop this. You can't describe anything he does as a "3", because he doesn't play as a "3", or you have no grasp of what a "3" is. The real question, maybe, is why I even bother responding. Apparently, pointless. 

And with the slightest hint of disagreement, you're blocked.

On 11/26/2019 at 4:17 PM, IU Scott said:

I don’t know because I’m so far behind but if you are asking the perfect IU “3” I would say Calbert Chaney...OG wasn’t bad either.....Romeo played the 3 all year last year. That said you got guys like Vic or Greg Graham that could slide over from the 2 in a 3 guard lineup or say if you had someone a little bigger like Brian Evans that could play 3 and sometimes 4. You want someone that is a threat from the outside but can also get to the basket and help defend on those taller athletic guys that will likely play the 3 on the opposing team. That said there is nothing wrong with playing a smaller guard at the 3 or a nontraditional non shooter bigger forward there as well which I think is what Justin is. That said prototypical shooting/size/athleticism on this roster that would be Jerome and Damezi.

On 11/26/2019 at 3:53 PM, Billingsley99 said:

If you run a 4 around 1 offense them which wing is the 3 and which is the 4? My guess 2 guards 2 wings and a post

I just figured out why I am out of coaching.  In 20 plus years I never used numbers.  Only In Practice when running out Carolina break drill.

didn't you have a playbook?

On 11/26/2019 at 5:13 PM, Hoosierhoopster said:

i have described what smoth does at the 3. i would look equally ridiculous if i came to where you work and tried to teach you how to do your job, administrator

Archived