Jerome Hunter/Damezi Anderson

IUFLA

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:
7 hours ago, coachv said:

i have described what smoth does at the 3. i would look equally ridiculous if i came to where you work and tried to teach you how to do your job, administrator

Lol you’re delusional 

smoth?

Maybe he's proposing a hybrid of Justin Smith (size and defensive ability) with Matt Roth (shooting)...

3 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Lol you’re delusional 

since no one was talking to you let me say there is no need to interject yourself. if you don't like what i have to say, simply block me as i did to you a month ago. for an administrator, you sure like to get in there and instigate things, like some of your mods here. guess that's the culture trickling down. btw, remind us again, how many paychecks have you earned coaching basketball?

1 hour ago, coachv said:

since no one was talking to you let me say there is no need to interject yourself. if you don't like what i have to say, simply block me as i did to you a month ago. for an administrator, you sure like to get in there and instigate things, like some of your mods here. guess that's the culture trickling down. btw, remind us again, how many paychecks have you earned coaching basketball?

A word of advice from a non-mod.  We have a damn good site here, but realize it may not be for everyone.  Some posters do find  greener pastures elsewhere.  Others choose to stay.

Your style of posting does not seem to be a good fit here.  Doesn't make us right and you wrong.  What it does mean is that if you want to stay and actually enjoy the board, it will be easier for you to adjust your style than it would be for 500 of us to adjust ours.

Conflicting opinions are welcome.  It's the way that those opinions are presented that leads to problems.  If you want to stay, I encourage you to study the style of some of the more respected posters, many of whom have opinions that are critical of IU or different than the opinions of the mods.

Not suggesting you leave, but I personally want this board to retain the civility that sets it apart from others.  And, we actually get to talk IU hoops for free!

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

A word of advice from a non-mod.  We have a damn good site here, but realize it may not be for everyone.  Some posters do find  greener pastures elsewhere.  Others choose to stay.

Your style of posting does not seem to be a good fit here.  Doesn't make us right and you wrong.  What it does mean is that if you want to stay and actually enjoy the board, it will be easier for you to adjust your style than it would be for 500 of us to adjust ours.

Conflicting opinions are welcome.  It's the way that those opinions are presented that leads to problems.  If you want to stay, I encourage you to study the style of some of the more respected posters, many of whom have opinions that are critical of IU or different than the opinions of the mods.

Not suggesting you leave, but I personally want this board to retain the civility that sets it apart from others.  And, we actually get to talk IU hoops for free!

And.... He blocked you

On 11/26/2019 at 5:13 PM, Hoosierhoopster said:

Oh man, you keep coming back with this but of course, not once have you managed to describe what Smith does, you know, as a "3". You really should just drop this. You can't describe anything he does as a "3", because he doesn't play as a "3", or you have no grasp of what a "3" is. The real question, maybe, is why I even bother responding. Apparently, pointless. 

12 hours ago, coachv said:

i have described what smoth does at the 3. i would look equally ridiculous if i came to where you work and tried to teach you how to do your job, administrator

5 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Lol you’re delusional 

2 hours ago, coachv said:

since no one was talking to you...

Sure looks like you were talking to him.

Screenshot_20191129-230304.png

If you blocked him a month ago, how were you able to directly quote him? When you block a user, their direct posts aren't visible to you. Yes, you can see what they say if another user quotes them, but that's not what happened above. You directly quoted HH. Meaning one of two things has occurred. Either you had blocked him and for some reason unblocked him for purposes of quoting him in this post (which doesn't make sense, but is technically possible), or you're lying about blocking him.

Which is it?

15 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Sure looks like you were talking to him.

Screenshot_20191129-230304.png

If you blocked him a month ago, how were you able to directly quote him? When you block a user, their direct posts aren't visible to you. Yes, you can see what they say if another user quotes them, but that's not what happened above. You directly quoted HH. Meaning one of two things has occurred. Either you had blocked him and for some reason unblocked him for purposes of quoting him in this post (which doesn't make sense, but is technically possible), or you're lying about blocking him.

Which is it?

When you block someone you can see when it skips their responses and you can show them.  From there you can quote them without actually unblocking them.

I don't even think this troll ever was a coach. He knows little about basketball posts like a pouting first grader. I haven't missed his tired act at all since I put him on ignore. The forum would be a better place if everyone put the fool on ignore and let him sit there talking to himself.

Now...can we simply ignore this tool and get back to talking about Anderson and Hunter?

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

On Hunter and Anderson, while neither was particularly productive in this game (Anderson was a bit more) both got decent minutes - both need more shots and more involvement in the offense to help spread the floor and get their confidence going, decent time is a step 

Archie said in the post game presser that he needed to get them more minutes...there was a couple of games where I thought they should have got more time

32 minutes ago, JEFFVETTE said:

I'm hoping (its a big hope) that maybe a bigger prime time opponent will set a fire under Hunter.

I'm cutting Jerome a lot of slack this year. The guy sat out an entire year, and couldn't even practice, much less play. While I know no more than any of you about his condition, I gotta think there is a lingering fear that he has. (fear might be too strong a word) But his confidence has to be shaken.

If the scuttle-butt is true that he had 2 surgeries, the issue(s) were very severe. I can speak from experience that "concern/fear" is always in the back of your mind.

Once he starts to gain his confidence back, I think we'll be very glad to see Jerome's performance.

Archived