Congrats DeBoer!

11 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Congrats!! Much deserved to still be in the mix to win it. He's done about as well as anyone could have given the QB situation week to week.

I think we've just saw the tip of the iceberg of how effective his offense has a chance to become with further development and hopefully more fortune with health under center next season.

There's no way we've saw close to the peak of what his offense is capable of if he ever gets any "normal" circumstances while still at IU.

I still think he has something to prove within the context of the devopment of the running game and how it fits into what he wants his future offenses  to do. Losing Cronk makes that a bit cloudy and Scott likely finishing with lower production than last season is slightly concerning to me, not going to lie.

Without Penix for most of the year it's changed the way he can approached keeping opponents off balance.

Just saying despite results that suggest Penix may not have made a difference against either UM or OSU there isn't any evidence to support that Penix would NOT have made a difference since there isn't another QB like him in most of the B1G not to mention IU.

Sad we didn't even get a chance to see if a top level team could slow MP down due to the timing of his misfortune.

DeBoer is winning The Broyles Award next season though ;)

2 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

Congrats!! Much deserved to still be in the mix to win it. He's done about as well as anyone could have given the QB situation week to week.

I think we've just saw the tip of the iceberg of how effective his offense has a chance to become with further development and a bit more fortunate with health under center next season.

There's no way we've saw close to the peak of what his offense is capable of if he ever gets any "normal" circumstances while still at IU.

I still think he has something to prove within the context of the devopment of the running game and how it fits into what he wants his future offenses want to do.

Without Penix for most of the year it's changed the way he can approached keeping opponents off balance.

Just saying despite results that suggest Penix may not have made a difference against either UM or OSU there isn't any evidence to support that Penix would NOT have made a difference since there isn't another QB like him in most of the B1G not to mention IU.

Sad we didn't even get a chance to see if a top level team could slow MP down due to the timing of his misfortune.

DeBoer is winning The Broyles Award next season though ;)

He's been such an improvement from the last 2 years. If he had been here starting with Allen's first season, we'd be on a streak of 5 straight bowl games.

I hope Glass gives him a raise this year and tells him he'll do whatever it takes to keep him here.

13 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

He's been such an improvement from the last 2 years. If he had been here starting with Allen's first season, we'd be on a streak of 5 straight bowl games.

I hope Glass gives him a raise this year and tells him he'll do whatever it takes to keep him here.

Likewise on all of the above , and I get the feeling someone(s)  are bound to come calling.

Curious how much of this staff remains intact as of this first bowl year., and a little worried until next next year's opener.With DeBoer and in general with some of the other staff.

Does a big-time program or some upstart set up to win right away come in willing to swing for the fences with big money and go right after DeBoer with an OC or HC offer? Is Hart safer now with Scott's production taking a dip or is U of M already on the phone? They looked to be a RB coach away from perhaps an even bigger win last weekend.Just saying...

Does someone in the NFL poach the IU S&C program?  Lol 

These are just things I'll be pondering for now,. Definitely hoping to see some pay raises going out after the bowl.

Archived