Florida State - (before the pre-game thread)

DWB

Currently taking it to 17th ranked Tennessee. 10 out of the first 12 points are from turning over TN.

FSU has a 7' guy that is pretty athletic, and runs the floor well. So far, they are defending the passing lanes EXTREMELY well. Not sure, but it looks like they are playing some kind of version of the Pack-line D. At least for a few minutes.

They also reverse the ball well on offense. And they're quick.

We'll have our work cut out for us. And if we don't take care of the ball, we'll get blown out.

18 minutes ago, DWB said:

Currently taking it to 17th ranked Tennessee. 10 out of the first 12 points are from turning over TN.

FSU has a 7' guy that is pretty athletic, and runs the floor well. So far, they are defending the passing lanes EXTREMELY well. Not sure, but it looks like they are playing some kind of version of the Pack-line D. At least for a few minutes.

We'll have our work cut out for us. And if we don't take care of the ball, we'll get blown out.

It looks like that we will have to limit turnovers and keep them in the half court and not allow them to get out and run.  UT turned the ball over 7 times in the first 8 minutes but most was not forced but UT being careless.

55 minutes ago, DWB said:

One good thing is that FSU doesn’t shoot well from deep. 

15 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

IMO we need to take care of SDSU first before talking about FSU. There’s been plenty of teams that have lost to “cupcakes” this year. Let’s not be one of them.

Totally agree if you're talking about the team. But for us fans, and the ass't coach(s) that are assigned to scout other teams, seems reasonable to me that we can discuss them.

Actually, I was just making some observations while watching FSU/TN game, since IU wasn't (and won't be) on TV. Didn't intend to start a "pre-game" thread. That's usually Mile's job. 😀

24 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

IMO we need to take care of SDSU first before talking about FSU. There’s been plenty of teams that have lost to “cupcakes” this year. Let’s not be one of them.

So, i guess you're not up to me starting an IU vs. Gonzaga national championship thread?

7 hours ago, DWB said:

Totally agree if you're talking about the team. But for us fans, and the ass't coach(s) that are assigned to scout other teams, seems reasonable to me that we can discuss them.

Actually, I was just making some observations while watching FSU/TN game, since IU wasn't (and won't be) on TV. Didn't intend to start a "pre-game" thread. That's usually Mile's job. 😀

It's all good. Exciting part of the schedule is about to start.  I would have no problem with you going back to edit the thread title.... to add pre-game thread.

GO HOOSIERS !

• DWB changed the title to Florida State - (before the pre-game thread)

My concern about this game, beyond just it’s a tough game against a good team, is that FSU comes in pretty battle tested, but for IU it’s the real first test. While Assembly Hall is a different beast compared to anywhere they’ve played, FSU still has already played a few power 5 road and neutral court games. 

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

My concern about this game, beyond just it’s a tough game against a good team, is that FSU comes in pretty battle tested, but for IU it’s the real first test. While Assembly Hall is a different beast compared to anywhere they’ve played, FSU still has already played a few power 5 road and neutral court games. 

You can play all kinds of stages, but Carnegie Hall is always a different experience.

7 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Well, according to KenPom, at least our schedule has made us more battle-tested than Tulsa, Santa Clara, VMI, Notre Dame, and Vanderbilt.  :coffee:

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Well, according to KenPom, at least our schedule has made us more battle-tested than Tulsa, Santa Clara, VMI, Notre Dame, and Vanderbilt.  :coffee:

Ha

Throw in IU and tell me what name does not belong in that list.

In any case, it gets real Tuesday and is the start of a tough/interesting 7 game stretch.

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

You can play all kinds of stages, but Carnegie Hall is always a different experience.

True, but you can also play all kinds of cupcakes, but the step up to a legit Power 5 school is also a different experience. Hopefully the Hall will be rocking. Are the students back from Thanksgiving break?

Talk about looking past an opponent lol. I think this is the first pre-game thread we’ve ever had before another game on the schedule — but always a first for everything!

this will be a true test game, Fla St us legit. We are not battle tested but worse to me is that we have not had a single game with our core players all fully healthy, and lately we have gone more big than develop the shooting / wing play we’ll need.

Hope Rob is fully back and Hunter and Demez get real prep time in this next game, the one we still have to play first lol. Otherwise I think we’ll see CAM trying to win with D, and our D has been behind our O

Archived