The Bucket Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

Funny thing  I was laughing about is that I partially meant that.I was cussing too 😆

We have saw them lose games that way before ..In fact almost every conceivable way( and also some ways few could imagine as well) , so it really was a lot of the same.

Fortunately they remembered it was a football game in the OTs. 

I love IU!! Amazing that we won!!! We should have put them away early!!

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Sincere kudos to you guys. Was a heck of a hard-fought game and although the outcome wasn’t what I wanted, I’m proud of how Purdue fought until the end. Hopefully next year both teams are as close to 100% healthy. Good luck in the bowl game. 

Thanks Boiler for being gracious as always. Knowing this had to hurt.

26 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Are you insinuating he’s a serious candidate for Fl State or another P5 job?

Nope. But I'm also not going to bet on him being here permanently. I hope he is, but if a situation like Saban retiring and Alabama calling him...cant blame him for saying yes either.

19 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Lol at Purdue. This was supposed to be their year after all those starters returned from a 6-7 team but they can't even make a bowl game.

Tom Allen showed up Brohm pretty good.

Talk about an uninformed post lol. Yikes. 

Offense returned 2 offensive linemen, 4 WR’s (2 of whom missed the majority of the year), a TE, and a QB who missed most of the season. Not a ton of starters returned on offense and the ones that did mostly were injured. Both senior RB’s missed basically the entire season because of injuries  

On defense, we returned a lot more (8 or 9 I believe) but the two best (Bailey and Neal) missed almost the entire season. 

Dont think “Tom Allen showed up Brohm pretty good” is an accurate thing to say at all  Allen/IU had a good season. Purdue’s spiraled after only 2 or 3 games. But don’t let facts get in the way lol. 

19 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Talk about an uninformed post lol. Yikes. 

Offense returned 2 offensive linemen, 3 WR’s (2 of whom missed the majority of the year), a TE, and a QB who missed most of the season. Not a ton of starters returned on offense and the ones that did mostly were injured. 

On defense, we returned a lot more (8 or 9 I believe) but the two best (Bailey and Neal) missed almost the entire season. 

Dont think “Tom Allen showed up Brohm pretty good” is an accurate thing to say at all  Allen/IU had a good season. Purdue’s spiraled after only 2 or 3 games. But don’t let facts get in the way lol. 

Good point. Purdue's just bad because you have bad players and an overrated coach who's like 17-22 overall at Purdue. 

22 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Lol at Purdue. This was supposed to be their year after all those starters returned from a 6-7 team but they can't even make a bowl game.

Tom Allen showed up Brohm pretty good.

If Allen and Brohm were holding six shooters today, Allen's had five bullets and Brohm's had 3. And Brohm almost out shot him.

5 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Good point. Purdue's just bad because you have bad players and an overrated coach who's like 17-22 overall at Purdue. 

Perhaps you’re forgetting how historically inept Hazell truly was. Likely one of the worst coaches in B1G history. Brohm inherited nothing short of a dumpster fire and still somehow miraculously managed to bowl his first two years. Overrated? Hardly. 

17-22 in 3 years after 9-39 the previous 4 years. Lol

7 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

What the hell does that mean? They played a football game and Allen won. Because of the team he built

That means neither one had 100% of the teams they built. But Brohm was more shorthanded and almost pulled it out regardless.

Nothing wrong with giving credit where it's due, and Brohm and his team performed admirably today.

14 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Perhaps you’re forgetting how historically inept Hazell truly was. Likely one of the worst coaches in B1G history. Brohm inherited nothing short of a dumpster fire and still somehow miraculously managed to bowl his first two years. Overrated? Hardly. 

17-22 in 3 years after 9-39 the previous 4 years. Lol

Or to put it in perspective, Danny Hope = Cam Cameron. Hazell = Gerry DiNardo.

2 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

Are you insinuating he’s a serious candidate for Fl State or another P5 job?

Listed for the Mizzu job that opened today. Thats the way it works. Tom Allen just won 8 football games at all places. Indiana. Schools will be calling. If But i doubt, Fla.St comes calling he would be stupid not to listen.

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Listed for the Mizzu job that opened today. Thats the way it works. Tom Allen just won 8 football games at all places. Indiana. Schools will be calling. If But i doubt, Fla.St comes calling he would be stupid not to listen.

He's got as much of a chance to win the B10 at Indiana as he does of winning the SEC at Mizzou: not much.

You're right, Florida State, USC or another traditional power comes calling, he'll listen. But all he has to do is look at Beilema. Jump to a mid pack SEC team and it's not a long fall to the bottom.

33 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

If Allen and Brohm were holding six shooters today, Allen's had five bullets and Brohm's had 3. And Brohm almost out shot him.

Using your analogy, two of Allen's bullets were fired into his own feet.  9 penalties?  By the way, PU was only flagged one time for a kick out of bounds, that was their only penalty all day, because they HAD to throw a flag.  Not a single hold offensive or defensive, no pass interference, nothing.  The only time the zebras flagged Purdue was when the HAD too.

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

He's got as much of a chance to win the B10 at Indiana as he does of winning the SEC at Mizzou: not much.

You're right, Florida State, USC or another traditional power comes calling, he'll listen. But all he has to do is look at Beilema. Jump to a mid pack SEC team and it's not a long fall to the bottom.

Money talks. And BS walks.  And then there is Mark Few.

Archived