The Bucket Postgame Thread

KDB

I don't really care to get into the Allen vs Brohm debate again.  I am stoked about the win today, and one of the best things about Allen is that he's recruiting depth at every single position.  Offense, defense, and special teams.  He's recruiting talent all over the field.  We could make a 2 deep of only underclassmen that would have probably won at least 5 games this year.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Lol. Paying Brohm more money doesn’t change the situation he inherited. No idea why we’re comparing Brohm’s record to Allen’s when they inherited vastly different situations. 

Hey, ain't you and your football team supposed to be in hibernation until like September, 2020?

33 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I ain't going to be the pot that calls the kettle black when it comes to alumni and fans with unrealistic expectations.

I get that, but those programs were  set up to fail when they joined the SEC. They can’t recruit the linemen needed in that conference. Schools like TCU, Baylor, Iowa ST, Kansas St, can play the Spread and be competitive in the Big 12. They’d be roadkill in the SEC. But MO and Ark have just enough history that fans expect more success 

51 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just got home from W.Lafayette and wanted to let everyone to know I am not a hypocrite.  I have been hard on fans for leaving early so today I stayed until I saw the celebration and us getting the bucket.  Even though I was drenched and frozen and couldn't feel my feet I was there until the bitter end.  What I could not believe was that there were people leaving after regulation and before the OT started.  You sit through 3 hours of cold, rain and wind but can't stay a few minutes longer.

I was sitting in the end zone behind the goal post on the end where we scored the winning TD.  All  have to say is that the ref's were horrendous and can't believe how one sided they were.  Westbrook was totally interfered with in that end zone in the 4th quarter but no call.  I actually thought the one face mask penalty on us was suspect because he rapped hi around the head and the helmet just came off with no face mask,

With all of that if we could hit our field goals or actually get TD's when we are in the red zone we would have won the game easily.

Congrats on staying the entire game.  Last time I was in Memorial Stadium.  It was against Illinois. Rained the entire game.  Most fans left early. But my son and I did not travel thousands of miles to leave early.  That's all I am going to say on that. 

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Congrats on staying the entire game.  Last time I was in Memorial Stadium.  It was against Illinois. Rained the entire game.  Most fans left early. But my son and I did not travel thousands of miles to leave early.  That's all I am going to say on that. 

Your the man

We pay our entire staff less than Brohm makes himself. Kudos to Brohm though for turning that lone upset of Ohio State into financial security for the rest of his life. Cashed in on that big time.

He's for sure been an upgrade for them but he's not even .500 there. If he wins anything less than 8 games next year then I'd feel like he's definitely fleecing purdue

10 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

We pay our entire staff less than Brohm makes himself. Kudos to Brohm though for turning that lone upset of Ohio State into financial security for the rest of his life. Cashed in on that big time.

He's for sure been an upgrade for them but he's not even .500 there. If he wins anything less than 8 games next year then I'd feel like he's definitely fleecing purdue

If anything, blame UL for firing their coach last year. Without that, Brohm’s new contract never happens. He had all the leverage in that situation. I would guess that if IU were in the same situation, they would’ve paid him whatever it took to keep him no? 

So what if he isn’t .500? Him signing a new contract doesn’t just erase everything that happened when Hazell was there. The situation is a crappy one regardless of whether you’re making $2 million a year or $6 million. The increase in attendance this year (Purdue averaged about 54k) helped offset his pay increase.

8 wins next year will be tough. We have a pretty tough schedule. 

19 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

If anything, blame UL for firing their coach last year. Without that, Brohm’s new contract never happens. He had all the leverage in that situation. I would guess that if IU were in the same situation, they would’ve paid him whatever it took to keep him no? 

So what if he isn’t .500? Him signing a new contract doesn’t just erase everything that happened when Hazell was there. The situation is a crappy one regardless of whether you’re making $2 million a year or $6 million. The increase in attendance this year (Purdue averaged about 54k) helped offset his pay increase.

8 wins next year will be tough. We have a pretty tough schedule. 

Sounds like FSU might do Allen the same favor 

3 hours ago, hoosier8760 said:

I would be shocked if he left IU for Mizzou 

I'll go farther and say I'll be shocked if he leaves for anywhere.  After the game Tom spoke of being born and raised in Indiana, how proud he is to have "Indiana" across his chest, and how grateful he is for the opportunity.  Maybe it's just coachspeak, but it comes across as genuine to me.  I think he views IU as a destination job.  How can you sell LEO and then walk away from a team or recruits?  I just don't think Tom's that guy, he seems too genuine,  Of course  I could be one of those unrealistic Hoosier fans, so who knows?

Kudos to every single player and coach. This was the season we've been waiting for. Looking back at the season. No shame in losing to Ohio St. They are best team in country. Michigan is still in a class ahead of us....but 8 wins could have been 10 with our 1 possession losses to Sparty and Penn St on the road. Such a big step forward and the 2019 Hoosiers will be remembered for a very long time for establishing (hopefully) our new baseline becauses I see another 8 win season next year minimally.

3 hours ago, TN_Hoosier said:

Recorded the game with extended time.  Yet, the extended time ran out when PU had 41 and IU 38.  Bummer, that I never got to see the last touchdown.  Great season for IU football.  Now, let's win the soccer NCAA tournament...

Always extend time by 3 hrs. 

23 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

If our defense that managed 8 wins for only the 5th time in program history is inadequate, I'll take a second helping of inadequate next year please.

I guess if that's the way you want to spin it, have at it.....

But it's the same every year. IU can score, keeping the other team from scoring? That's another thing.

Archived