South Dakota post game

Even with the turnover and free throw shooting issues, can’t be pissed about a 14 point win no matter who it’s against.  Have to think Archie is happy we held them to 50 points.  Took care of business in the preseason, and now the real season starts.  Hope TJD continues to keep up this level of play, he’s special.

Initial thoughts:

1. A win is a win

2. TJD is a stud

3. Where's RP and what's the story with him? I'm a little concerned. 

4. I was hoping that Hunter would be able to "shake the rust off" during the cupcake parade. This doesn't seem to be the case and that is also a concern. 

5. We have so many things to clean up, Turnovers are still a concern and I don't know why we STILL don't value the ball after the past couple of years. 

6. If SDSU came in SSAH and played to win, you better bet that FSU will bring it as well, with much better talent. Get ready and get over the turkey hangover and prepare. 

17 minutes ago, BEKA said:

Initial thoughts:

1. A win is a win

2. TJD is a stud

3. Where's RP and what's the story with him? I'm a little concerned. 

4. I was hoping that Hunter would be able to "shake the rust off" during the cupcake parade. This doesn't seem to be the case and that is also a concern. 

5. We have so many things to clean up, Turnovers are still a concern and I don't know why we STILL don't value the ball after the past couple of years. 

6. If SDSU came in SSAH and played to win, you better bet that FSU will bring it as well, with much better talent. Get ready and get over the turkey hangover and prepare. 

With Hunter, it should be expected that he will go through dead leg periods with being off for a full year.  To me, its amazing he is even getting a run this early off of his injury.

This team with a true ball handler, RP, could be real good.  

Honestly thought this game was one our Hoosiers would go over 100. The fact that we did not even come close to our season average of 90 points, has got me scratching my head..... as to why.

In the end. A great day for IU.  Bucket is coming home. And IUBB is 7-0 heading into the teeth of the schedule.

This teams needs a healthy, 100% Phinisee so bad. I love Franklin and think he has a bright future ahead of him, and he’s been really solid for a freshmen filling in, but this team will be a lot better when Durham is in Franklin’s current role (swiss army, combo guard) and Franklin is a pesky guard/wing off the bench. 

Durham has also done a great job filling in as the natural point guard, but he needs to be the secondary ball handler. Right now the offense bogs down in the second half once the defense adjusts to IU really having 4 non-shooters in the starting lineup (Franklin, Smith, TJD, Brunk). 

I’m just not sure what’s wrong with Phinisee? Did he have another concussion? Strep was mentioned butnthat was like 2 weeks ago. IU really needs him. He’s the only true point guard on the roster. 

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This teams needs a healthy, 100% Phinisee so bad. I love Franklin and think he has a bright future ahead of him, and he’s been really solid for a freshmen filling in, but this team will be a lot better when Durham is in Franklin’s current role (swiss army, combo guard) and Franklin is a pesky guard/wing off the bench. 

Durham has also done a great job filling in as the natural point guard, but he needs to be the secondary ball handler. Right now the offense bogs down in the second half once the defense adjusts to IU really having 4 non-shooters in the starting lineup (Franklin, Smith, TJD, Brunk). 

I’m just not sure what’s wrong with Phinisee? Did he have another concussion? Strep was mentioned butnthat was like 2 weeks ago. IU really needs him. He’s the only true point guard on the roster. 

Coach Miller said after the game it is day by day, but wouldnt say what it was.  He was asked if a medical redshirt was in the works and he shrugged that off with the above comment.  It seems as if AM is just as frustrated not getting his only pg in games.  He also needs to make a pg a priority with that last scholarship and class after.

Did not get to see the game and by the time I got into my car the game was 20-15 IU.  Just wondering did S. Dakota St run a very deliberate offense and slowed the game down or was it just bad offense on both sides.  To beat FSU you have to limit the turnovers and rebounds.  At one time against PU tonight FSU had 4 out of their 9 points off  turnovers or offensive rebounds.  If you make them run a half court offense they are not very good but if they can turn you over or get offensive rebounds it will be tough.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Missed the game...me and my son were too busy drinking Crown after the Bucket win.

Didn’t miss anything. Very lazy, careless play. But it was a good win for the team blah blah. Cut the crap Miller and just flat out say most of the team played like &@!$ today. We all witnessed the same game you did.
I’m aware of the future path of this program. I support the vision of CAM and staff. It’s all good stuff and something to be excited about. But, put a foot up that ass when needed and this evening provided plenty of opportunity. 
End rant.

I wonder if our team the last couple of games have gotten a little bored playing the competition that we have been playing.  Couple with the fact that the might be getting a little bit tired with playing 7 games in 3 weeks.  It might be how pitchers go through a dead arm period during spring training but I might be grasping for straws.

Archived