South Dakota post game

I was at the game.  On the subject of Jerome, even though he was not scoring, it seemed that Archie was really pleased with his play until the very end of the game.  He left him in for one really long stretch, and when he took him out, he game him a huge atta-boy slap on the rear.  He even put him in at the end in what appeared to be an effort to get him in the scoring column.  It was fairly obvious the plays were being ran for him.  Unfortunately, in the closing stretch,, it appeared that he was pressing a bit, and as a result, did not play as effectively as he did earlier in the game.

Other observations:

• Trayce is a beast
  • Devonte looked great when he first came in, ,but we had more bad Devonte than good today   
  • Trayce is a beast
  • Justing forced things at times, but overall I thought he played well.His material level is just night and day from last season.
  • Trayce is a beast
  • I'm excited about what Damezi is showing on the offensive end, but man, he could not guard my dead grandmother today.  Without Trayce, Justin, and Race protecting the rim, I don't know ho many points Damezi would have given up.  JBJ was an all-conference defender compared to Damezi,
  • Oh, and one more thing.  Trayce is a beast.

What the heck is wrong with Rob?! Gesh this crap gets old.

Was talking to some buddies over thanksgiving and we were talking about how it’s seems players can miss weeks of the season over stuff we wouldn’t miss a Practice over when we played. Seems like if you don’t wake up feeling 120% then you better sit out. Smh. So frustrating. 

Wish all IU players had Juwan Morgan’s moxie. That guy was a warrior. Tough as nails. 

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I think the schedule is the most frustrating to me.  To see Iowa, Purdue, MSU & Michigan play in these tournaments while IU muddles through a sea of lesser teams sucks. And it's crazy that they can't get people healthy to start a season.

I think you are only allowed to play in 2 exempt tournaments in a 4 year period.  We have Maui next year, so it will be someone else's turn to sit out.  

7 hours ago, CincyHoosier said:

I treat strep all the time.  With antibiotics you're back on your feet in 2 days.

Not to mention all bodies respond differently. 

Plus, if it wasn’t actually strep and it’s viral, the antibiotics aren’t gonna touch it.

My family has been battling cold/flu for nearly a month now. Granted, luckily it’s all been low level stuff for us, but with virus all you can really do is treat symptoms and let it run it’s course. Bugs are getting worse and worse all the time these days.

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I was at the game.  On the subject of Jerome, even though he was not scoring, it seemed that Archie was really pleased with his play until the very end of the game.  He left him in for one really long stretch, and when he took him out, he game him a huge atta-boy slap on the rear.  He even put him in at the end in what appeared to be an effort to get him in the scoring column.  It was fairly obvious the plays were being ran for him.  Unfortunately, in the closing stretch,, it appeared that he was pressing a bit, and as a result, did not play as effectively as he did earlier in the game.

Other observations:

• Trayce is a beast
  • Devonte looked great when he first came in, ,but we had more bad Devonte than good today   
  • Trayce is a beast
  • Justing forced things at times, but overall I thought he played well.His material level is just night and day from last season.
  • Trayce is a beast
  • I'm excited about what Damezi is showing on the offensive end, but man, he could not guard my dead grandmother today.  Without Trayce, Justin, and Race protecting the rim, I don't know ho many points Damezi would have given up.  JBJ was an all-conference defender compared to Damezi,
  • Oh, and one more thing.  Trayce is a beast.

I need to see him against good competition but I'm starting to think that beast is OAD.

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

I think the schedule is the most frustrating to me.  To see Iowa, Purdue, MSU & Michigan play in these tournaments while IU muddles through a sea of lesser teams sucks. And it's crazy that they can't get people healthy to start a season.

It changes next year. 5 mentioned  IU will be in Maui. With a monster challenge.

But there will be more :

IU also will be in the Gavit Games.  Plus the Cross  Roads Classic.

And oh.  The ACC/B1G Challenge.

56 minutes ago, TN_Hoosier said:

Anyone know whether or not this game will be replayed on BTN?

Checking the BTN schedule. Nothing posted. However they have three TBA's.  One on Monday. And two on Tuesday.  I'll keep checking. And if the game pops up, I will post it here.

3 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

People complaining about the injury bug.  Who is hurt/sick other than Rob?  Do we have a buck of guys out?  I haven't really followed the team much since we're playing a whole lot is nobody

It’s really just Phinisee. But, Phinisee is one of the couple guys that this team can’t afford to miss once the schedule ramps up here. 

3 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

People complaining about the injury bug.  Who is hurt/sick other than Rob?  Do we have a buck of guys out?  I haven't really followed the team much since we're playing a whole lot is nobody

I'm fighting a nasty bout of hemorrhoids. 

Archived