IU Women's Basketball report !!

I've been way too busy with other things !! The Lady Hoosiers only have FOUR players returning from last season !! YET , they have started the season with TWO wins  plus AN EXHIBITION game win !The IU Gals thumped Gannon 82 to 38 in their exhibition game with Buss scoring 27 point with Royster , Cahill , & Warthen all scoring 12 points each !1

Game # 1- IU 93 Arkansas State 51 !! Buss poured in 28 points followed by Cahill 13 pts , Yeaney 11 pts. , Warthen 11 pts. , Royster 10 pts , Penn & Wickware each 9 pts. 

Game 2- IU 64 Southern University 49 !! Buss again leads the way with 23 points !! Kim Royster added 14 points and 15 REBOUNDS !!Cahill added 13 pts. ,Yeaney 10 and Penn 4 pts !! 

I was a little concerned about the Lady Hoosiers only having 4 players back from last season -BUT- the 5 Fresh girls are pretty good !! ( The # 13th. rated recruiting  class in the country according to at least one source !! Keep up the good work Coach Morin & Lady Hoosiers !!!!!!

IU Women are now 3 & 1 after last night's tough 64 to 61 loss to a VETERAN Chattanooga team of 3 Seniors and 4 Juniors !! The Lady Hoosiers started this season with just 2 Seniors ,  1 Junior and 1 Sophomore back from last season ! So , IU was [ and is ] short on TEAM EXPERIENCE this season !! IU has added a 5'6" Junior guard ,Grace Withrow from Valparaiso , Indiana ,  High School !! I do not know anything about Withrow ! Next year , The lady Hoosiers will INCREASE from having only 4 players returning [for this season] with PREVIOUS College playing EXPERIENCE to having TEN EXPERIENCED players with PREVIOUS College playing EXPERIENCE  going into NEXT SEASON [ Hopefully ]!!!! I'm not giving up on this season !! IU could still have a decent season despite the overall lack of TEAM EXPERIENCE !! Only time will tell !!

I just found out about Grace Withrow !! She averaged 15 points per game for her CAREER at Valparaiso High School ! She is indeed a walk-on added to the roster recently ! So far , she has only played one minute in one game !! Hoping she can ADD MORE to the Lady Hoosiers !! She was a Point Guard at Valparaiso !! Go Lady Hoosiers !!

The IU Gals are now 4 & 2 after losing to the HOST School St. Mary's Gaels of California by a score of 88 to 82 !!Tyra Buss led the Hoosier Gals , once again , with 24 points and 7 ASSISTS !! Jaelynn Penn, although just a Freshman POINT Guard led IU with NINE REBOUNDS and she added 21 points !1 Bendu Yeaney , another Freshman , scored 15 points !! Amanda Cahill had 10 points and 5 rebounds ! Kim Royster had 9 points and 4 rebounds ! Keyanna Warthen , yet another Freshman , added the final 3 points for the IU Gals !! UH Oh- The next game is this Thursday November 30 ,2017 with the powerful Lady Cardinals of LOUISVILLE  !!

I think IU Fans should be concerned about ALL of IU Lady Hoosier's OPPONENTS !! Don't you ?? Are you an IU Fan ?? At any rate , this game is going to be TELEVISED  by the B10 TV . Network [ Thursday , November 30 ,2017  AND NOT ON BIG TEN PLUS , so I can actually WATCH this game WIN or LOSE !!!  I am a Lady Hoosier Basketball Fan and  I WILL WATCH EVERY ONE OF THE LADY HOOSIER GAMES NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE PLAYING ( IF IT IS ONE THE BLASTED TV ,ANYWAY ) !!

• 2 weeks later...

The Indiana Lady Hoosiers are now 6 & 4 after a ROAD win at No. Kentucky yesterday ! Tyra Buss again led in scoring with 25 points !! Amanda Cahill had 12 points and 9 rebounds ! Kim Royster scored 12 points and gabbed 5 rebounds !! Freshmen scoring : Penn 8 pts. , Yeaney 6 pts . , and Marchese 4 pts ! Next up for the lady Hoosiers are neutral site games in West Palm Beach , Florida on Sunday , December 17 ,2017 versus 9 & 2 Virginia [ ouch] ! Then on Monday , December 18 ,2017 , versus 9 & 1 Missouri [Double ouch !!] Then a Road game at Yale 6 & 3 before starting the B10 Conference battles with a home game versus 6 & 3 Michigan State !! Go Lady Hoosiers !! Keep getting BETTER !!

• 2 weeks later...

IU women suffer overtime loss to Virginia , 82 to 72 !! Tyra Buss led the Laddy Hoosiers in scoring with 28 POINTS !! Amanda Cahill had 17 pts. Kim Royster scored 4 pts. and led the Lady Hoosiers in rebounding with 8 Boards !1 IU Women have the same won/loss record as the IU Men now at 6 & 6 !! Next up is Tomorrow afgternoon at 1 PM EST. at YALE !! Maybe both the IU Men's and Women's teams will pick up win #7 tomorrow[?] as the IU men take on 8 & 4 Tennesse Tech at 8 PM in ASSEMBLY Hall !! 

Tyra Buss  played all 40 minutes and led the Lady Hoosiers in scoring wit 20 points in The Hoosiers 72 to 68 win at Yale to close out their 3 game ROAD TRIP with a 7 & 6 WON_LOSS RECORD overall ( despite only having FOUR players back from last season's roster !!) Coach Morin and staff have done very well with only 4 returning veterans , FIVE TRUE FRESHMEN , and a WALK_ON Sophomore !! Other scoring in the Yale game came from Amanda Cahill with 16 points and 7 rebounds . Yeaney [ a Freshman] had 14 points and 8 rebounds . Kim Royster added 15 points and 6 rebounds !! Freshmen Warthen with 4 points and Penn with 3 points finish out the scoring !! Next Up is  [FINALLY] another home game ! This time with 10 & 3 Michigan State !! on this Thursday , December 28 ,2017 !! IF you can , get to ASSEMBLY HALL AND CHEER our Lady Hoosiers to a big "UPSET"

Archived