Pre-Game Florida St, 12/3

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

No, he is best off ball. Not disrespecting your opinion, anything here is opinion, but tell me what Franklin has done the past 2 games? Understand I am big on his upside but this is a huge jump in competition and coming off the past 2 games you think he’s ready for that? Tell me how Green finished last season? He was basically playing the best on the team, and he’s already shooting well. We need that 

I dont disagree with your thoughts!  I just think Green does better coming off the bench. Gives him time to see whats happening and mentally adjust to it...  

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you note what FSU has done defensively in their last two games compared to what IU has done offensively, well, there is genuine cause for concern.  Archie talked about that, plus see game day essentials, series history, Big/Ten ACC history, and Coach Hamilton's comments on IU and Coach Knight.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-turnover-troubles-a-setup-for-disaster-against-florida-state/

11 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Back to Green, also from a game prep - scouting standpoint they will ready for TJD, Smith and Al, they’ll be well scouted, but probably not so much Green. They’re not going to look at tape from last season. Green could really go off in this game but he needs the time and rhythm that comes with it. Do hope he starts and us quickly involved in looks and sets 

Not sure why a staff making millions of dollars per year would choose to ignore what Green did in the back 3rd of the season last year.  But I really have no clue.  

9 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Not sure why a staff making millions of dollars per year would choose to ignore what Green did in the back 3rd of the season last year.  But I really have no clue.  

Just listened to a podcast with CAM and he mentioned that Green is still not 100% from his injury. That may have something to do with him not starting.

2 minutes ago, DWB said:

Just listened to a podcast with CAM and he mentioned that Green is still not 100% from his injury. That may have something to do with him not starting.

Thanks for that info. Even so, I'd prefer his minutes come at the start and end of the game. Will need his experience.

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

This was on reference to scouting him, but maybe I'm confused, just woke up a little bit ago and haven't had my 2nd cup of coffee.  

Generally an out of conference opponent coming in will be scouting the players from this season, limited time and focus, generally won’t be looking to previous season in anticipation of a player resuming a past role. That said Green has been playing off the bench, he’ll get some scouting, i’m Just saying in this game from a non-con opponent playing a number of other games coming in, they probably won’t be looking at Green from last season 

39 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Thank you! Thank you!  I didn't want to mention it since I am trying to stay humble.  It has been quite the journey and I want to thank all the little people out there that I have stepped on during my rise up the reputation ladder.  Thanks Mom!

Only you could make the voting totals of a Russian parliamentary election look reasonable by comparison.  :coffee:

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

It might be the tacos speaking but I have a feeling we win this one, the hall will be rocking and we pull it out 73-69

I a going to be curious to see what kind of crowd we get tonight.  FSU is not the brand name like a Duke or UNC would be but I hope the students come out and support the team.  Also with it being a 9PM tip I could see a lot of the season ticket holders who drive a good distance not showing up.  I predict IU 67 FSU 63

also a little early in the morning for Tacos

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I a going to be curious to see what kind of crowd we get tonight.  FSU is not the brand name like a Duke or UNC would be but I hope the students come out and support the team.  Also with it being a 9PM tip I could see a lot of the season ticket holders who drive a good distance not showing up.  I predict IU 67 FSU 63

also a little early in the morning for Tacos

Never too early for tacos!!! It is Taco Tuesday!! Lots of tix as Eddie said for sale. Hopefully some people that dont mind staying out late can make the trip.  i hate the late start

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

It might be the tacos speaking but I have a feeling we win this one, the hall will be rocking and we pull it out 73-69

I like your thinking, however.....teams will really be keying on TJD now, so other players need to step it up and pull their weight. Reduction in team turnovers is a MUST!

21 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Generally an out of conference opponent coming in will be scouting the players from this season, limited time and focus, generally won’t be looking to previous season in anticipation of a player resuming a past role. That said Green has been playing off the bench, he’ll get some scouting, i’m Just saying in this game from a non-con opponent playing a number of other games coming in, they probably won’t be looking at Green from last season 

I would say your keyword there is generally. This isn't a general situation. Miami staff would be in dereliction of duty if they didn't know good and well what green is capable of.  Coming off of injury plus the schedule we have played this year.  If that staff isn't putting together a highlight reel of what green's capable of, then great, I hope they're not!

Archived