Pre-Game Florida St, 12/3

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I was preparing to say much the same thing...wall-sized hi def TVs, much cheaper concessions, free parking and no lines for the restroom make today's home watching hard to beat.  I actually turned down my sister's faculty seats for tonight's game and it would have cost me nothing to get in.  I just thought about the hassle and said maybe next time.

Another advantage is that, at home, you can watch the game naked.  I would not recommend trying that at the stadium/arena.  

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Unless I'm going for the experience of taking my kids, I kind of hate when people ask if I want to go to a game (football, basketball, etc.). It's just so much better, easier and more convenient to watch at home. TV's are awesome, you get replays, I can pause the TV, have access to whatever I want at home, etc. 

Really the only games I really like going to anymore are maybe a handful of minor league baseball games each summer. Otherwise, I'd much rather watch at home. 

I still like the game day atmosphere of being in the stadium and the excitement that goes along with it.

18 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Unless I'm going for the experience of taking my kids, I kind of hate when people ask if I want to go to a game (football, basketball, etc.). It's just so much better, easier and more convenient to watch at home. TV's are awesome, you get replays, I can pause the TV, have access to whatever I want at home, etc. 

Really the only games I really like going to anymore are maybe a handful of minor league baseball games each summer. Otherwise, I'd much rather watch at home. 

My son and I had this debate just this past weekend.  We had tickets to the South Dakota State game and he was conflicted about whether to go or stay home and watch the Bucket game on TV.  I was going regardless.

What I told him was that you never know what you're going to see live.  Last season we were at AH for Juwan's triple-double game.  I told him 25 years from now he can tell his children that he was there for one of only 2 triple doubles in IU basketball history.  It doesn't matter that the game was otherwise uninteresting.  It was still historical.  I would have given anything to be in the arena for the Watshot, and am forever jealous of all of those that were.  

Back to last weekend, we got to see most of the 4th quarter and the first overtime of the Bucket game on the jumbo tron anyway, so it was the best of both worlds.  Alas, the basketball game started and we were forced to follow the 2nd OT on our phones.  

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I still like the game day atmosphere of being in the stadium and the excitement that goes along with it.

I gotta say that it depends on the seat. No way I'm going to pay to sit in that Assembly Hall balcony. If I get paid? Maybe.

I actually no longer attend concerts at big venues. Rule of thumb is: if i have to watch the show on a jumbotron then it's no different than watching on a 55" with the sound cranked up (and in my birthday suit...like 5fouls)

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Another advantage is that, at home, you can watch the game naked.  I would not recommend trying that at the stadium/arena.  

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Unless you are a streaker

Since you called him out, the reason Fouls doesn't recommend it is because he got arrested for it at the Colts game.  He speaks from experience. He eventually married the woman dressed as the mascot that tackled him. We know how that ended up. A double whammy of a bad experience.

Home experience is convenient and comfortable but the venue atmosphere is where it’s at.  Guess I’ve always been a social butterfly also. Hope the Hall is packed. Lots of empty main level seats Saturday night & the balconies were nearly bare.

To win this game, these kids better plan on suffocating defense translating to transition offense. The half court game will most likely be an ugly hack fest. Rebound - rebound - rebound. Hope to see moving feet instead of reach arounds. Ahem... Mr. Smith

Archived