2022 DE Joe Strickland Commits to Purdue

HoosierKix

A name that Indiana football needs to be contacting for sure! A 2022 Defensive end out of Indianapolis. Plays for Brebeuf Jesuit and is a potential five star as his rating stands currently! These are kids we have to start getting some of them. We need to be trying to get a lot of these talented in state kids every year and keeping them away from Norte Dame and PU

20 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

A name that Indiana football needs to be contacting for sure! A 2022 Defensive end out of Indianapolis. Plays for Brebeuf Jesuit and is a potential five star as his rating stands currently! These are kids we have to start getting some of them. We need to be trying to get a lot of these talented in state kids every year and keeping them away from Norte Dame and PU

He’s going to be a good one for sure. Was at the bucket game yesterday. His mom is a Purdue alum which will hopefully help steer him to WL haha. 

19 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He’s going to be a good one for sure. Was at the bucket game yesterday. His mom is a Purdue alum which will hopefully help steer him to WL haha. 

I feel like this is something that never happens at IU.  A lot of teams have top prospects that they have a connection to that can help lead them to that school, but it seems like IU never has that.  I'm sure being a historically bad program has been part of that issue, but maybe someday we'll have that.

Like for you guys, Karlaftis played right next to the stadium, and Moore played at the high school that Brohm went to.  Not that it is anything against you guys, you still have to do a great job recruiting them, but for once I want IU to have the inside edge on a high 4 or 5 star guy.  You jerks!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I feel like this is something that never happens at IU.  A lot of teams have top prospects that they have a connection to that can help lead them to that school, but it seems like IU never has that.  I'm sure being a historically bad program has been part of that issue, but maybe someday we'll have that.

Like for you guys, Karlaftis played right next to the stadium, and Moore played at the high school that Brohm went to.  Not that it is anything against you guys, you still have to do a great job recruiting them, but for once I want IU to have the inside edge on a high 4 or 5 star guy.  You jerks!

Oh it definitely helps for sure that we had those connections with those guys. And I think it’ll help us land George’s little brother Yanni who is a stud LB in the ‘21 class. I’m sure it’ll happen for you guys at some point!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Oh it definitely helps for sure that we had those connections with those guys. And I think it’ll help us land George’s little brother Yanni who is a stud LB in the ‘21 class. I’m sure it’ll happen for you guys at some point!

Yeah his little brother looks like a beast and I would love for IU to snag him and have a little brother rivalry going on during the bucket week, but seems like he’s leaning your guys way.

• 4 months later...

Good write up, thanks for your contribution to IU coverage! 

Obviously this guy can pick anywhere he wants to play,  and there is a lot of time for him to decide.   Does anyone know if we are a legitimate option or is he just giving polite consideration to in-state schools?

On 4/25/2020 at 9:58 AM, The Daily Hoosier said:

4 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

Obviously this guy can pick anywhere he wants to play,  and there is a lot of time for him to decide.   Does anyone know if we are a legitimate option or is he just giving polite consideration to in-state schools?

I’d assume you’re a legit option. I know Purdue is. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Andy06 said:

IU is legit.  So is Purdue.  I think both schools would be very concerned if/when Notre Dame offers.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You not knowing makes this conversation incredibly obsolete. My exact point. 

I think it matters a good bit especially with the schools he’s looking at. Nebraska is worst in the conference and 133 overall. Wouldn’t call them “very strong” by any stretch of the imagination. 

45 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think it matters a good bit especially with the schools he’s looking at. Nebraska is worst in the conference and 133 overall. Wouldn’t call them “very strong” by any stretch of the imagination. 

Crazy to think any of that matters... at all.  Outside of Ivy League.. NW, Duke, Stanford... literally doesn't matter. 

• 1 month later...
  • KDB changed the title to 2022 DE Joe Strickland