2022 DE Joe Strickland Commits to Purdue

HoosierKix

If that video is legit, it's Stanford.   They have engineering I believe, and play ND next year.   Purdue doesn't play ND after this year until 2024.

Pure speculation...he wants IU, mom wants PU, so to keep the family peace he ends up at Stanford. 

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

What video? You mean his IG stories?

Someone mentioned a snapchat interview,  I assumed it was a video.  They stated he wanted to be an engineer and was looking forward to playing ND.  

I might have misunderstood what was going on.

Just now, Andy06 said:

Someone mentioned a snapchat interview,  I assumed it was a video.  They stated he wanted to be an engineer and was looking forward to playing ND.  

I might have misunderstood what was going on.

That would be his IG stories, he did say he wanted to study engineering, but he was unsure and still figuring that out. Stanford also plays ND for 5 years straight. Unfortunately, he will probably end up Purdue, but I have no evidence to back up that claim

• Thanks 1

It's gotta be tough for the top in-state kids this year.  IU is on a roll and has historic momentum.  The recruiting class is historic as well. CTA has established a family culture that is lauded by the national media as genuine.  You can join your fellow Hoosiers and be a part of history,  or miss out. 

If he goes to Stanford, and it isn't a fit for some reason, he could potentially transfer to IU. He could join the team, but he wouldn't be a part of the famed 2022 recruiting class.

If he goes to Purdue, because that's what mom wants,  he'll play on a losing team in a weak division and stare at ugly girls for 4 years. 

Good luck with the decision!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

That would be his IG stories, he did say he wanted to study engineering, but he was unsure and still figuring that out. Stanford also plays ND for 5 years straight. Unfortunately, he will probably end up Purdue, but I have no evidence to back up that claim

If he ends up at PU, so be it. We’ve been kicking their ass on and off the field the last few years, so it’s hard to complain about losing a couple of recruiting battles. At the end off of the day, it’s about the results on the field. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

rivals pick to Purdue

Not saying he is wrong, but the guy covers Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Oklahoma. 

Not sure how connected he is to this recruitment.

With that being said, seems like PU might be the choice.  I obviously would love to get Strickland,  but I think his recruitment is more important for Brohm than Allen.

1 minute ago, Andy06 said:

Not saying he is wrong, but the guy covers Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Oklahoma. 

Not sure how connected he is to this recruitment.

With that being said, seems like PU might be the choice.  I obviously would love to get Strickland,  but I think his recruitment is more important for Brohm than Allen.

No doubt re your last sentence. 

7 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

I obviously would love to get Strickland,  but I think his recruitment is more important for Brohm than Allen.

Absolutely.  If Brohm doesn't get things turned around immediately,  it's real easy to add Strickland to Bell and others as cautionary tales of talent wasted on a sinking program.  

• Like 1

Have no idea why anyone at this time would pick PU over IU.  As a DL you need other really good players around you so you won't be double teamed.  At PU he will be their best DL and will get all the notice from the other team 

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Have no id a why anyone at this time would pick PU over IU.  As a DL you need other really good players around you so you won't be double teamed.  At PU he will be their best DL and will get all the notice from the other team 

Karlaftis has done just fine without a ton of talent around him. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Have no id a why anyone at this time would pick PU over IU.  As a DL you need other really good players around you so you won't be double teamed.  At PU he will be their best DL and will get all the notice from the other team 

This.  The Karlaftis pitch of "come take over for me", should be "come get double teamed and isolated like me."