2022 DE Joe Strickland Commits to Purdue

HoosierKix

4 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Play what game? Not leaking his choice of school days before like everyone else?

Nah... tweeting at all the IU recruits the last couple of days. Like.. you chose the rival school, it's ok if it rubs our boys the wrong way... it should. There's nothing wrong with what our dudes tweeted. 

Do I think Joe Strickland is a great kid? Yep. 

Do I want our players wishing him well/be boys with him? Nope. 

Seems like most basketball players are always happy for each other when they go elsewhere. Not sure what the difference is. I just prefer our players taking the high road and wishing their friends or peers well regardless of where they play.

That being said, I hope he wins zero games in West Lafayette.

• Like 1

Just now, RoadToZion said:

Seems like most basketball players are always happy for each other when they go elsewhere. Not sure what the difference is. I just prefer our players taking the high road and wishing their friends or peers well regardless of where they play.

What is that any different then our recruits though? Just because they tweeted it? I get what you're saying. 

But... is what they said disrespectful or vulgar? No. I think its honestly as much as a compliment than anything else... clearly our kids wanted to play with him and be a Hoosier. 

I have no idea why he'd go to Purdue. I hope he enjoys those Ls.. but I don't want wish any ill will towards him. There's a common ground there. 

16 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Fair enough. I'm not saying its vulgar. I think it's them being a little salty that he didnt join them. I just think they should wish their buddies well. My comment was more of.....I never want to see Purdue win, but I hope Stickland has a good career. Hell of a player.

Everyone complains about guys being soft these days, but you're upset that they are ribbing a guy (who picked our arch rival) on Twitter? Come on now. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Fair enough. I'm not saying its vulgar. I think it's them being a little salty that he didnt join them. I just think they should wish their buddies well. My comment was more of.....I never want to see Purdue win, but I hope Stickland has a good career. Hell of a player.

Really don’t get this mindset, who cares if they trash talk guys from a rival on Twitter? They’re your rival, don’t think anyone from Ohio State is going to care if their players don’t buddy up with Michigan guys. It’s Purdue. Who cares. 

it’s more amusing than anything. 

Edited by IndyHoosier22
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

First and foremost, these are kids doing kid things. Also, they’re not friends and they barely know each other off social media. Personally, I’m surprised there’s not way more of this in general.  As for the adults “in the room”, we should be taking the high road and wishing him well but the harmless smack talk amongst kids, I think, is healthy…normal competitive behavior 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Honestly... if you actually asked those guys, they want him to succeed, as well. 

Your opinion in this is 100% understandable and I respect it. 

Just catching up to the board. Strickland commits to Purdue and within an hour he has IU on the brain on social media while getting defensive/insecure. Seems to have the Purdue acceptance down pat. Seems he needs affirmation immediately from someone. 

Zero worries on my end. Our staff will never bat a hundy. No staff ever does. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Strickland commits to Purdue and within an hour he has IU on the brain on social media while getting defensive/insecure.

He will fit right in if he goes to any of their basketball games, the chanting IU sucks while not even playing them is one of the saddest most pathetic things in sports.

• Like 4

Strickland commented on James Jointer’s instagram a while ago telling him to flip to IU, posting LEO all the time, and interacting with IU commits more than any other school’s by far the whole time.

I love the IU guys sh*t talking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

He is the enemy now and don't want our players being friendly with the rivals.  To me what I don't like about sports today is the players are to friendly towards the opponent even during the game.  I played pickup games with my best friends and if we were on opposite sides I talked trash to them all the time.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

I think the difference at least for me who played both sports is football is much more a mental and physical fight. A battle each and every down to dominate your opponent over and over and over. Basically to impose your will on your opponent. Totally different mindset for me then basketball where it was much more civil and much much less physical. Not saying football isn’t skill based but at the heart of it is about just beating that guy across from you until he gives up. A big part of that is your mindset and I’m glad our guys are choosing to to take it as a shot at them that he choose not to join them. Don’t get me wrong they have to back it up and do the work to prepare to make him pay but this LOE is only extended to the IU family. And it only works if we are winning games. Nice guys don’t finish first on the football field….actually they rarely finish first anywhere…and even though I’m probably the nicest guy you would meet just chatting up when it comes to competition in sports in my career and for anything I hold dear I am not the most agreeable lol. Anyways I don’t think anything that was said was personal…just good clean banter. Hope our basketball team grows some balls and decides they are done pussyfooting around and want to take some names too. Purdue basketball has had this attitude with our boys long enough. Go IU!

• Like 1