2022 DE Joe Strickland Commits to Purdue

HoosierKix

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think 3 things are really helping Purdue in this recruitment:

1. Hagen- without him, I don’t think we’re in the running. 

2. Karlaftis/early playing time- sounds like GK has been the main player recruiter with Joe and is probably telling him he can take his spot once he leaves. My guess is he goes to the NFL after this year and is selling Joe on being the next in line re the den of defensive ends. 

3. Family connection- Mom is an alum/big fan and was there during the Brees years. 

Absolutely, no one cares 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Back to JS.. We've got a lot of MO on our side right now... I'll take the Hoosiers in a close one. 

We got the final OV from him, so hopefully we convinced him enough, and of course other meetings through out the month. I think a commit is within the next 2.5 weeks with the football season “officially” starting August 2nd when it comes to practices. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Agree on the civil engineering if that's a priority to him. Completely disagree on the second part. Comparing the Ohio State fluke to the well rounded momentum we have going isn't realistic.

Do you really feel confident your current roster and recruiting will surpass what we have going on right now? Not what if's, but probabilities. The only advantage you have is playing in the west. 

It wasn’t just the Ohio State fluke IMO. It was 2 bowl seasons after the worst 4-year stretch in our history. That was the highlight but there were other good moments too. 

As of right now? No but things can change quickly. Look at just 2 or 3 years ago at the two programs. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It wasn’t just the Ohio State fluke IMO. It was 2 bowl seasons after the worst 4-year stretch in our history. That was the highlight but there were other good moments too. 

As of right now? No but things can change quickly. Look at just 2 or 3 years ago at the two programs. 

In basketball things can absolutely change quickly esp with transfers and one great recruiting class….I don’t agree things change quickly in football. 

Of course the past 2, 4 or 30 years (in IU’s case) may not matter for Strickland recruitment.

Edited by southsidehoosier
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 9:26 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

What makes you think things will change? From a distance there seems to be no momentum. Recruiting looks like what IU did 5 years ago where you’re beating MAC schools for most commits. Likely your best player (Bell) is a WR and their are major QB questions. 

You’re starting to sound like us a few years ago thinking maybe Archie would turn things around somehow. 

21 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

What makes you think things will change? From a distance there seems to be no momentum. Recruiting looks like what IU did 5 years ago where you’re beating MAC schools for most commits. Likely your best player (Bell) is a WR and their are major QB questions. 

You’re starting to sound like us a few years ago thinking maybe Archie would turn things around somehow. 

PU fans worried that they are falling too far behind IU in terms of football.  They're also starting to worry about IU being ahead of them in basketball within the next three years.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I think the new coaches brought in will help. Stud QB recruit in the upcoming class should really help IMO. Def still plenty of questions no doubt but I’m not giving up on Brohm yet. 

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think the new coaches brought in will help. Stud QB recruit in the upcoming class should really help IMO. Def still plenty of questions no doubt but I’m not giving up on Brohm yet. 

Does Brohm have enough time for a QB recruit coming in next year to develop? I can’t see Purdue tolerating him for 3 more years for a freshman to develop if they don’t improve now. 

6 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Does Brohm have enough time for a QB recruit coming in next year to develop? I can’t see Purdue tolerating him for 3 more years for a freshman to develop if they don’t improve now. 

That’s a fair question honestly. I know they really like the redshirt freshman (Alaimo) they have and who knows? I wouldn’t be surprised if Allen came in and won the job as a freshman. He’s a stud. 

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That’s a fair question honestly. I know they really like the redshirt freshman (Alaimo) they have and who knows? I wouldn’t be surprised if Allen came in and won the job as a freshman. He’s a stud. 

Allen has zero chance to start as a freshman even at Purdue. The game he plays at Gibson Southern vs BigTen football couldn’t be more different and it will take more than one off season for him to catch up. Your “stud” didn’t belong on the same field as Columbus North or Whiteland, what makes you think he’s ready for Iowa, Wisconsin and IU?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Allen has zero chance to start as a freshman even at Purdue. The game he plays at Gibson Southern vs BigTen football couldn’t be more different and it will take more than one off season for him to catch up. Your “stud” didn’t belong on the same field as Columbus North or Whiteland, what makes you think he’s ready for Iowa, Wisconsin and IU?

Zero chance is a strong statement. I don’t think it’s a high chance but there’s certainly a chance. He has another year plus of maturing/growth before he gets to college. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Man... I agree. I watched the CN tape. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Zero chance is a strong statement. I don’t think it’s a high chance but there’s certainly a chance. He has another year plus of maturing/growth before he gets to college. 

There’s also a chance of me farting on a deck of cards and dealing a royal flush. Doesn’t mean it’s likely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3