ACC - B1G Challenge

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Oh great...Virginia can't throw it in the ocean tonight.  Now we get to hear how great Purdue is back, how Nojel is going to the NBA, how Proctor will be newcomer of the year, how they have the best big men in the Big Ten...

In reality, Virginia is just having a terrible game.  Much of their over-ranking is probably just spill-over from last season.  They don't look impressive at all.

Lol. Purdue’s defense deserves a lot of credit for how they played tonight. We finally started to hit some shots too. This wasn’t just UVA looking bad. Purdue had a ton to do with that. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Lol. Purdue’s defense deserves a lot of credit for how they played tonight. We finally started to hit some shots too. This wasn’t just UVA looking bad. Purdue had a ton to do with that. 

Somehow, I knew you'd say that.  They bricked a lot of uncontested/mildly-contested shots.

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

UVA has no offensive firepower. I saw plenty of missed uncontested shots. UVA will not be a top 25 team by seasons end but at 5-3 you try to look for whatever positives you can find🤷‍♂️

Just now, southsidehoosier said:

UVA has no offensive firepower. I saw plenty of missed uncontested shots. UVA will not be a top 25 team by seasons end but at 5-3 you try to look for whatever positives you can find🤷‍♂️

Lol that might be true but I’m still going to enjoy a top 5 win at home. That’d be like me downplaying your win against FSU but I won’t because it was a good win regardless of how good FSU might end up being. 

9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

They scored 46 points at home in their last game versus Maine of all teams. I guess Maine has a great defense too 🤷‍♂️. 48 against Arizona St the game prior. Must be because of their amazing defense 🤦‍♂️. They are a flat out awful team on offense who’s now without their second leading scorer. 

Very nice win for Purdue. Trying to figure out this equation. FSU beat Purdue. Purdue just beat a top 5 Virginia team. FSU won at Florida when they were ranked #6 by double digits....so FSU is either really good which means IU is really, really good....or Virginia isn't really good because they just got manhandled by a team who lost to the team who we just manhandled.

December college hoops. Always a fun debate.

14 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Lol that might be true but I’m still going to enjoy a top 5 win at home. That’d be like me downplaying your win against FSU but I won’t because it was a good win regardless of how good FSU might end up being. 

What can you downplay about the FSU win?

You claimed your defense deserves a lot of credit for the win and I’m saying even a mediocre defense can hold Virginia to what Purdue did tonight. It’s a good win for you.

76922D8A-F431-4D17-B418-DC4E007FCAF7.png

Virginia sucked before tonight.  Check out this stat line...

G MP FG FGA FG% 2P 2PA 2P% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS PTS/G
Team 7 1400 150 370 .405 116 234 .496 34 136 .250 52 73 .712 67 200 267 68 44 31 82 75 386 55.1
Rank     331st 323rd 297th 309th 315th 199th 333rd 297th 345th 346th 351st 129th 266th 207th 246th 332nd 267th 97th 32nd 4th 342nd 349th

You tell me if that looks like a #4 team.  The only positive thing I see there is they don't foul much.

23 minutes ago, MPM said:

They scored 46 points at home in their last game versus Maine of all teams. I guess Maine has a great defense too 🤷‍♂️. 48 against Arizona St the game prior. Must be because of their amazing defense 🤦‍♂️. They are a flat out awful team on offense who’s now without their second leading scorer. 

They only give up 40 points a game and we scored 69. Sure they’re offensively challenged but their bread and butter is defense and we played a really good game on offense. 

48 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It’s a loss but not a 29 point one lol. 

Right doubt they were winning with him anyways. But he is really their only scorer. 3 straight game they don’t reach 60 points lol. Not good. 

Virginia is basically ranked 5th off there Natty from last year. I mean come on they lost Guy, Jerome, and Hunter. 3 NBA players. 

Virignia is still a quality team with great D and it’s a good win for you guys! but in no way shape or form am I bent out shape about it. 

PU is a solid team to but this win doesn’t make me all that scared to be honest. 

I’m just trying to be realistic here. Is Viriginia even a top 25 team this year?? Ehh. Without Key no chance. With him I’d say they are top 30-35 team. Which is still a good win cuz you probably would of beat them with Key anyways. 

9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

They only give up 40 points a game and we scored 69. Sure they’re offensively challenged but their bread and butter is defense and we played a really good game on offense. 

In all fairness, they haven’t really played anyone good this year. Maybe Arizona St is somewhat good. We’ll see what an extremely young UNC team does against them on Sunday at Virginia. Although it looks like UNC will be without their best big guy who got injured tonight.

9 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Right doubt they were winning with him anyways. But he is really their only scorer. 3 straight game they don’t reach 60 points lol. Not good. 

Virginia is basically ranked 5th off there Natty from last year. I mean come on they lost Guy, Jerome, and Hunter. 3 NBA players. 

Virignia is still a quality team with great D and it’s a good win for you guys! but in no way shape or form am I bent out shape about it. 

PU is a solid team to but this win doesn’t make me all that scared to be honest. 

I’m just trying to be realistic here. Is Viriginia even a top 25 team this year?? Ehh. Without Key no chance. With him I’d say they are top 30-35 team. Which is still a good win cuz you probably would of beat them with Key anyways. 

I still think they’ll be a top 25 team for the majority of the year yeah. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I still think they’ll be a top 25 team for the majority of the year yeah. 

Right now I’d expect IU to split with PU this year but I really don’t know how high IU ceiling is until we get Rob our PG back. We could be really really dang good.  PU will obviously improve some as well so will see. 

I’m just praying for good health.

6 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

UNC is getting absolutely humiliated in the home court. Serves them right.

Damn...I gotta give it to Holtman ,the man has things headed in the right direction for OSU..recruiting,winning,ranking..looks like OSU pulled out another good one from Butler...they will be ranked top 3 next week

Archived