Tim Baldwin Commits to Indiana

KDB

• KDB changed the title to Tim Baldwin Commits to Indiana
  • 1 month later...

It is always nice to beat out a team like Michigan with a player like Tim Baldwin......After watching a some of his video, I can see why Mike Hart was high on him. This kid appears to have good foot speed and can find holes. He looks to be very physical and has nice size.....I feel his 6 foot/195 lb. size is misleading....He looks and plays much bigger. Check his video out....

http://www.hudl.com/v/2BxGe4

I remember hearing good things about him this fall.  I'm hoping we don't have to burn his redshirt this year.  I'd like to see him get in a few games, but hopefully with Scott and James, and Lloyd behind them, we can keep from having to use Baldwin over his 4 games.

On the other hand though, not having a common first name for a last name like the other 3 guys could be a detriment.

Our skill positions look like they are in excellent shape. Need Penix (and others) to stay healthy.  Allen said Penix has been at the top in terms of weight room this offseason.  QB having that leadership gene is always great.  I would really like to see our interior O line improve.    We had trouble getting inside push in the run game against top teams.  If we improve the inside blocking on offense and the pass rush on defense (nonexistent), there is no telling how good we can be.  

Longer term, we have recruited so many guys the last 2-3 who have been percolating.   I’m interested to see who emerges.  Hopefully enough guys.  I’ve heard Katic looks good at guard, but there are a host of other guys.  I can’t even name them all.  Rafferty and Beery at tackle.  Marozas.  Benson and Feeeny this year.  Holtz is a big boy.  If you play the numbers game, hopefully enough guys emerge.  Jones and Bedford look good at starting tackle.  We’ve got Crider, Powell and maybe Nworah at guard this year.  

In 2021, our class my be even smaller than 2020.  I’d love to see us target (all,positions) some 4 stars and high 3 stars with our new recruiters, our momentum, etc.  The young fella from Elkhart is exactly what I’m talking about.  

Archived