Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


Sign in to follow this  
HoosierKix

James Akinjo

Recommended Posts

Something must have happened because he and Josh LeBlanc were removed from the team effective immediately.  He is a great talent as long as there is no extra baggage.  This is a tough guard situation because we need to add some depth but at the same time be careful to give us the best shot at Lander.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Calihoosier said:

Rumor is sexual assault/harassment on Twitter Leblanc the other teammate kicked off has a pending court case 

If this is true let’s pass!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bob said:

If this is true let’s pass!

100% agree!! Didn’t see the reason just saw that he was transferring but if it’s due to getting kicked off then definitely pass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Calihoosier said:

Rumor is sexual assault/harassment on Twitter Leblanc the other teammate kicked off has a pending court case 

So he is favoring Michigan State?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michigan State will reach out, no doubt.

I thought it first.  I just type slow.  :coffee:

Edited by 5fouls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bob said:

If this is true let’s pass!

There is absolutely no indications that Akinjo was involved in any of the alleged incidents. I've been all over the GU boards and people are dumbfounded as to why Ajinko left. They are saying that he wasn't kicked off of the team but left.

Edited by Moyeneeded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was big on this kid when we offered. Watched him many times while in HS and while at GU. Named conference Freshman POY. If he is clear of any shenanigans, go after him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@rico posted elsewhere.  Other players accused of assault and burglary.  Akinjo and one other player not mentioned with legal troubles just leaving...at least that's what is out there now.  I posted it there but I'll repeat it here...the wheels are really falling off for Ewing already.  I'm not sure he's got the savvy to right the ship.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moyeneeded said:

There is absolutely no indications that Ajinko was involved in any of the alleged incidents. I've been all over the GU boards and people are dumbfounded as to why Ajinko left. They are saying that he wasn't kicked off of the team but left.

Search "Akinjo reddit" and you will see plenty of rumors specifically about Akinjo. I have no idea if they're true or not, but it seems like GU people are saying he's bad news and was kicked off the team involuntarily. 

Edited by HoosierDom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Search "Akinjo reddit" and you will see plenty of rumors specifically about Akinjo. I have no idea if they're true or not, but it seems like GU people are saying he's bad news and was kicked off the team involuntarily. 

Yeah...hearing there's more out there than the article mentioned but I won't steal anyone's thunder.  Just expect more to come out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Moyeneeded said:

There is absolutely no indications that Akinjo was involved in any of the alleged incidents. I've been all over the GU boards and people are dumbfounded as to why Ajinko left. They are saying that he wasn't kicked off of the team but left.

And what do those Hoya boards say this morning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he is not tied to any of those issues its worth a look

 Maybe he wanted out of that environment or get out before he got caught.  I am sure more will be made available in the near future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if we should look into this kid or not, but thank sweet baby Jesus it's not us on the other side of this coin.  So far, I think Archie's batting 1.000 in the character department among recruits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If he is not tied to any of those issues its worth a look

 Maybe he wanted out of that environment or get out before he got caught.  I am sure more will be made available in the near future

Very well could be the environment issue.  Either way it is a black eye for the program all the way around.  I really hope the kid had done no wrong and moves on from the situation with success.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Not sure if we should look into this kid or not, but thank sweet baby Jesus it's not us on the other side of this coin.  So far, I think Archie's batting 1.000 in the character department among recruits. 

Appears to me, reading through articles, that this is huge program problem.  We got sexual assault, restraining orders, and burglaries involved.  I will just prefer to have the drinking and weed issues...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep after reading some Georgetown articles and message boards I don't want anyone from that program. I'll have to say that IU should take a pass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rico said:

Appears to me, reading through articles, that this is huge program problem.  We got sexual assault, restraining orders, and burglaries involved.  I will just prefer to have the drinking and weed issues...

Objectively, if the only discipline issues we have are the occasional dustup with booze or weed (possession/consumption, DUI is a different story), I'll take it.  Ideally, we wouldn't have any.  But, college students are college students.  Some learn from it, some don't.  It's pretty well forgotten, but Yogi got busted with a fake ID once upon a time.  And guess what....he learned from it and is now an IU legend and has had a decent enough NBA career.  It took Emmitt Holt that second time to get it, and his injury/illness issues aside, he wound up alright as well. 

That said, there is a line between the mistakes of youth and serious character/judgement issues that can't be crossed.  A 19 year old with a handle of cheap vodka or a dime bag in his gym bag? Forgivable (once...).  Sexual assault? No. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He either did some really bad to be kicked off in light off what others are accused of or just didn't want to be a part of that mess. I'm sure we'll find out more in the upcoming days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So one thing to keep in mind. Akinjo's best friend on the team was Leblanc. Not saying Akinjo is involved but Leblanc is smack dab in the middle of these legal issues. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...