James Akinjo

HoosierKix

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something must have happened because he and Josh LeBlanc were removed from the team effective immediately.  He is a great talent as long as there is no extra baggage.  This is a tough guard situation because we need to add some depth but at the same time be careful to give us the best shot at Lander.

3 hours ago, Bob said:

If this is true let’s pass!

There is absolutely no indications that Akinjo was involved in any of the alleged incidents. I've been all over the GU boards and people are dumbfounded as to why Ajinko left. They are saying that he wasn't kicked off of the team but left.

@rico posted elsewhere.  Other players accused of assault and burglary.  Akinjo and one other player not mentioned with legal troubles just leaving...at least that's what is out there now.  I posted it there but I'll repeat it here...the wheels are really falling off for Ewing already.  I'm not sure he's got the savvy to right the ship.

1 hour ago, Moyeneeded said:

There is absolutely no indications that Ajinko was involved in any of the alleged incidents. I've been all over the GU boards and people are dumbfounded as to why Ajinko left. They are saying that he wasn't kicked off of the team but left.

Search "Akinjo reddit" and you will see plenty of rumors specifically about Akinjo. I have no idea if they're true or not, but it seems like GU people are saying he's bad news and was kicked off the team involuntarily. 

24 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Search "Akinjo reddit" and you will see plenty of rumors specifically about Akinjo. I have no idea if they're true or not, but it seems like GU people are saying he's bad news and was kicked off the team involuntarily. 

Yeah...hearing there's more out there than the article mentioned but I won't steal anyone's thunder.  Just expect more to come out.

9 hours ago, Moyeneeded said:

There is absolutely no indications that Akinjo was involved in any of the alleged incidents. I've been all over the GU boards and people are dumbfounded as to why Ajinko left. They are saying that he wasn't kicked off of the team but left.

And what do those Hoya boards say this morning?

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If he is not tied to any of those issues its worth a look

Maybe he wanted out of that environment or get out before he got caught.  I am sure more will be made available in the near future

Very well could be the environment issue.  Either way it is a black eye for the program all the way around.  I really hope the kid had done no wrong and moves on from the situation with success.

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Not sure if we should look into this kid or not, but thank sweet baby Jesus it's not us on the other side of this coin.  So far, I think Archie's batting 1.000 in the character department among recruits. 

Appears to me, reading through articles, that this is huge program problem.  We got sexual assault, restraining orders, and burglaries involved.  I will just prefer to have the drinking and weed issues...

13 minutes ago, rico said:

Appears to me, reading through articles, that this is huge program problem.  We got sexual assault, restraining orders, and burglaries involved.  I will just prefer to have the drinking and weed issues...

Objectively, if the only discipline issues we have are the occasional dustup with booze or weed (possession/consumption, DUI is a different story), I'll take it.  Ideally, we wouldn't have any.  But, college students are college students.  Some learn from it, some don't.  It's pretty well forgotten, but Yogi got busted with a fake ID once upon a time.  And guess what....he learned from it and is now an IU legend and has had a decent enough NBA career.  It took Emmitt Holt that second time to get it, and his injury/illness issues aside, he wound up alright as well. 

That said, there is a line between the mistakes of youth and serious character/judgement issues that can't be crossed.  A 19 year old with a handle of cheap vodka or a dime bag in his gym bag? Forgivable (once...).  Sexual assault? No. 

Archived