IUWBB travel to Miami for B10/ACC Challenge

3 hours ago, Jssanto said:

Two requests.

1. To the moderator: can the board afford to have a ladies basketball only blog/forum?

2. To Snowling: I tried to google Miami lady BB stats with out luck. Sorry. Would you please send link?

Thanks to both.

Not a mod but I don't see why we can't have a women's thread going on the "general basketball" board.  

If you start it, they will come.  

Mods?

4 hours ago, Jssanto said:

What do the mods use to make a decision? My guess is volume - by posts and different posters.

We don't use any metrics other than our gut feelings but yes, posts and posters are a big part of it. The basketball forum is supposed to be for women's basketball too but in reality it doesn't seem to be working that way.   I agree that the women's team deserve some more recognition, especially with the year they are having...

I'll survey the mods and see what we can do.

13 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

If people will use it we sure can start one... orj ust start a thread on the general basketball section.

I am for a thread in the General basketball forum. I just think its own forum will do injustice to our ladies program and will not get the views it will on the General Basketball forum. That is just my 2 cents. 

5 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am for a thread in the General basketball forum. I just think its own forum will do injustice to our ladies program and will not get the views it will on the General Basketball forum. That is just my 2 cents. 

5 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I disagree. That does not mean I am correct, I just think (hope) there may be more followers than guessed.

if we do this on a gen BB forum, will it be easy to find the lady Hoosiers?

1 hour ago, Jssanto said:

I disagree. That does not mean I am correct, I just think (hope) there may be more followers than guessed.

With you all the way brother.  We started an other sports forum years ago. To include women's BB. No reason IMHO to take away from that.  Should we start a soccer and baseball thread on the men's bb forum ?  I think not.

1 hour ago, Jssanto said:

I can tell you there will not be much traffic on a women's ball forum. The object is to help promote the.program and inform as many as possible. The Everything else and animal house have a fraction of the visits that the general basketball forum does

Archived