IUWBB travel to Miami for B10/ACC Challenge

49 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I can tell you there will not be much traffic on a women's ball forum. The object is to help promote the.program and inform as many as possible. The Everything else and animal house have a fraction of the visits that the general basketball forum does

We don't have a forum dedicated to IU women.  We have an other sports forum. Where women's bb should be. Been there since inception of HSN.  If we start a pinned women's thread on the men's bb forum.  What good will that do to promote the other sports forum? All that is going to do is conflict members. And take away from a long established forum.  And another thing. Why in he heck do we have an NBA thread pinned on the Men's BB forum ?

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

We don't have a forum dedicated to IU women.  We have an other sports forum. Where women's bb should be. Been there since inception of HSN.  If we start a pinned women's thread on the men's bb forum.  What good will that do to promote the other sports forum? All that is going to do is conflict members. And take away from a long established forum.  And another thing. Why in he heck do we have an NBA thread pinned on the Men's BB forum ?

I understand where you are coming from but on always thought the general basketball was for all basketball topics. Including high school etc 

9 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I understand where you are coming from but on always thought the general basketball was for all basketball topics. Including high school etc 

It's not about subject matter that I am objecting to. It's all about pinning threads. We are approx 1/3 the men's schedule. Rather than having the men's schedule pinned,,we have a nearly two year old NBA thread pinned, and now a ladies bb thread pinned.  I have no issue with topics being posted on the main forum, that are not about men''s BB. Again... why pin them, when we don't even have the schedule pinned for the season ?

2019-20 Men's Basketball Schedule - Indiana University Athletics

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

It's not about subject matter that I am objecting to. It's all about pinning threads. We are approx 1/3 the men's schedule. Rather than having the men's schedule pinned,,we have a nearly two year old NBA thread pinned, and now a ladies bb thread pinned.  I have no issue with topics being posted on the main forum, that are not about men''s BB. Again... why pin them, when we don't even have the schedule pinned for the season ?

2019-20 Men's Basketball Schedule - Indiana University Athletics

Now I see where you are coming from and cant object to what you are saying. 

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

With you all the way brother.  We started an other sports forum years ago. To include women's BB. No reason IMHO to take away from that.  Should we start a soccer and baseball thread on the men's bb forum ?  I think not.

Sorry, I could not tell from your post if you want the girls to have their own forum or not.

I certainly agree it will have fewer followers than the men’s’ team or football.

I also wondered about baseball and soccer as well and for some reason I do not follow either of those sports (baseball perhaps very minimally). If others are like me (I know, scary thought) those would have minimal traffic.

I am fine with what everyone else (including the mods) feel is best.

16 hours ago, milehiiu said:

With you all the way brother.  We started an other sports forum years ago. To include women's BB. No reason IMHO to take away from that.  Should we start a soccer and baseball thread on the men's bb forum ?  I think not.

Mile.  Correct me if I'm wrong but there is no "men's basketball" forum.   It's the "general basketball" forum which has currently included NBA and high school.  I'm not saying pin a women's thread but see no problem with Snow or anyone else posting threads especially game day and summary.  May be one per opponent would suffice.  Pregame, game, and post all in one.  Once it dies off, it dies off and moves on down.  I Personally don't see that any different than say the southport thread that has popped up or an EJ injury thread that seems to come and go.  

16 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Why in he heck do we have an NBA thread pinned on the Men's BB forum ?

OG, EJ, Vic, Thomas Bryant, Cody, Yogi, Troy durp, Vonleh, Romeo and our very own, Indiana Pacers. All in the general basketball forum.  Imo if it wasn't a pinned Nba thread, every day or so there would be a new NBA thread.  Jmo

NTL..... With all due respect.  And others.  They are YOUR Indiana Pacers. We are all IU fans. But that does not carry over to the NBA.   I have periodically checked the NBA thread.  Nothing about MY Denver Nuggets. I understand.  The lean towards the Pacers.  But.... it is an NBA thread.  Let's talk about other teams besides the Pacers.

Another thought.  Instead of pinning an NBA thread. Per your statement.  Let's pin a thread about former IU players...playing for money now.

And lastly.  I would like to say. That Snowling has been a stalwart of the other IU sports forum for years.  If we are not paying attention to all he brings to us there... it is on the members, and not on him.

38 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

NTL..... With all due respect.  And others.  They are YOUR Indiana Pacers. We are all IU fans. But that does not carry over to the NBA.   I have periodically checked the NBA thread.  Nothing about MY Denver Nuggets. I understand.  The lean towards the Pacers.  But.... it is an NBA thread.  Let's talk about other teams besides the Pacers.

Another thought.  Instead of pinning an NBA thread. Per your statement.  Let's pin a thread about former IU players...playing for money now.

And lastly.  I would like to say. That Snowling has been a stalwart of the other IU sports forum for years.  If we are not paying attention to all he brings to us there... it is on the members, and not on him.

First.  Snow is the man.  I stay up late many times reading about the other sports because of him.  

Iirc we did have a Hoosiers in the NBA thread and then it was decided to have all things NBA in one because much like the recent new ncaa thread, the same conversation was going on in two places, so it was just merged because of common sense.  

I'll talk nuggets with you.  I'm sure many others as well.  Gary Harris is still one of my hoosier wounds that I strongly believe had CTC prioritized instead of offering everybody a scholarship would have been one heck of a difference and I believe he wanted to come to IU but minutes were important.  

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

First.  Snow is the man.  I stay up late many times reading about the other sports because of him.  

Iirc we did have a Hoosiers in the NBA thread and then it was decided to have all things NBA in one because much like the recent new ncaa thread, the same conversation was going on in two places, so it was just merged because of common sense.  

I'll talk nuggets with you.  I'm sure many others as well.  Gary Harris is still one of my hoosier wounds that I strongly believe had CTC prioritized instead of offering everybody a scholarship would have been one heck of a difference and I believe he wanted to come to IU but minutes were important.  

Interestingly enough. Gary Harris is not the only Nuggie with Indiana ties, that chose to go to other schools than IU.  Yet. I reiterate.  Nothing in the pinned NBA thread about either of them that I have read.

Archived