Florida State Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, coachv said:

davis picked up 2 quick fouls in a minute, got pulled, and never saw the floor again. he looks really unhappy sitting on the bench. hope the season writes a happy ending for him

Basketball is a game of readiness. You have to be ready to play and play well when your number is called. If not, you ride the bench. He hasn't played well when he's been in games. The season is just getting started now though, so he'll get his chances. It seems Archie has been holding him back to start to season. I've seen him talking to guys on the bench. So I think he'll be ok. Injuries have plagued him.  

8 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

A lot to love about different individuals tonight. But we just handled a team (without our point guard) that has beaten Purdue. Teennessee and Florida.

Coach Hamilton post game: 'This is the best TEAM we have played all year".

Hope they keep growing as a TEAM and have their identity as n that and not themselves and their individual successes.

Green was phenomenal, but I was probably just as excited about Smith tonight. Great stat line, but also did a lot of little things to help the team that didn't show up in the stat books. Many times he had great box outs and someone else got the rebound and he tipped out a couple offensive rebounds too. 

6 hours ago, HoosierRN said:

Hello all,

Been reading this forum across all the sites for years and decided to finally sign on.

I think with all that was said the most encouraging thing for me was how gassed we made FSU look for the last 5 minutes. Their shots started missing badly and they were ineffective on the drives. Their legs were gone. IU for the most part looked well conditioned. And this was with getting very little from Durham, DD, and with Phinisee still out. With those three having better nights and getting back IU is so deep. So pumped for how this team can stand with physical team and still score well. How many free throws did we miss. Felt like we could have scored 100.

Thank you for following us all these years. Wonderful that you took the leap to posting.  Welcome !

6 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

So, what was that I said about FSU maybe not being ready for Green, maybe not having him fully scouted, and that this could be s big time game for him?

😁

what an absolutely fantastic game from Green, said this in game thread but repeating it because it’s so great to see — it’s not just that he had a great game, it’s that CAM perfectly set up the offensive game plan for Green to shine, very encouraging 

I'm glad they only used the first 7 games.  He should try the three pointer scissor kick more often.  Lol

Whenever I said Smith needed to REALLY good garlic bread for this team to be at its best; last night was what I had in mind.  He played fantastic!  Who last year would've thought he would be capable of bringing the ball up the floor against a press like that!?  I know it was a couple times, but that was HUGE!!!  I hope he can keep this up all year....same goes for the rest of the team.  Some guys had a pretty big dud, but thats going to happen.  I just hope we continuento see the team play like this all year.

The first foul on De'Ron was ticky-tac...the second was deserved. But I think the reason he sat the rest of the game was because of match-ups. Hamilton didn't play the 2 bigs hardly at all in the 2nd half because he wanted to go small and pressure is. It was a good strategy and almost worked.

That's why Damezi's play was so critical. Archie said that Damezi brought a "physicality" that we needed tonight. He's a big strong kid, and he was able to match the physical play of the FSU players, while not making us go to a 3 guard line-up. His footwork wasn't 100%, but he was belly button to belly button with them on every defensive possession I saw. And his 3 was the knockout blow...

I was also happy to hear Archie say that Justin Smith was a calming force and a leader in the huddles and on the floor. And his D was excellent too (as always).

Someone else pointed it out earlier, but in crunch time, CAM had the 5 guys he trusted at the moment out there...TJD, Justin, Devonte, Damezi, and Armaan. And boy did they come through...

Coach Hamilton was quite complimentary of our players, our coach, and our fans after the game...high praise...

Really proud of our team tonight. I know a lot people have complained about our opponents thus far. But I still felt we were a much better team. The sheer depth and the way we have been winning has been more in line with what Archie has been preaching. I thought some of our spotty defense at times was just typical of teams not taking lesser teams as seriously. If we played a serious team we would play with a more locked in mentality. I think we will surprise a lot of teams in the conference this year. 

Great effort. Green was incredible, obviously. We played really, really hard and the defensive effort in particular was impressive. We are going to be hard to beat at home, with the way we attack the rim and put pressure on officials to make calls.

Win at Wisconsin and I'll be fully on board the hype train.

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i really like the broadcasters for once!

I liked them mostly... other than this sequence:

- PBP guy: "Indiana fans are booing, but that was a foul"

- Replay: shows zero contact between Smith and the FSU player

- PBP guy says nothing for a while, while his partner talks about what a terrible call it was. Then finally says something like "well they would have got a put back if they didn't call it, so it was good for IU".

Just acknowledge you were wrong, the fans were right, and move on!

Archived