Florida State Postgame Thread

KDB

Great game!! Felt bad for Jerome he going to need time to get up to speed. It took Damezi a year and he didn't miss a year. A lot of unforced errors but expected against a tough defensive team like. They got close and then we said OUR COURT get out of here!  We are just getting started our return is coming full force soon!😎😀 PS The crowd was a big factor!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JWoolsey said:

I'm legitimately baffled. To win anything of importance we need a special talent. We've got a guy that dropped 30 on 10/15 and apparently that's not important? 

Green has been talked about as nauseum because he was terrific tonight.  Hands down best performance I've seen in awhile from an IU player.  I called him a Jedi Master on my first post in this thread.  Go peruse the game thread.  Literally every 2nd or 3rd post involves some part of his name and an !

4 minutes ago, HoosierRN said:

Hello all,

Been reading this forum across all the sites for years and decided to finally sign on.

I think with all that was said the most encouraging thing for me was how gassed we made FSU look for the last 5 minutes. Their shots started missing badly and they were ineffective on the drives. Their legs were gone. IU for the most part looked well conditioned. And this was with getting very little from Durham, DD, and with Phinisee still out. With those three having better nights and getting back IU is so deep. So pumped for how this team can stand with physical team and still score well. How many free throws did we miss. Felt like we could have scored 100.

Welcome aboard!

I hope this game is the beginning of something special.  Still too many TO's, but this was a top flight defensive team and, of course, we did not have our PG.  Hope that ends soon, as we will need Rob in the BIG.  With him, the guard rotation will be very strong.  Also, we need to play and win on the road.  First chance is at Wisconsin, IU,s personal hell hole.  But, based on both teams play so far, our chances seem to be good on Saturday.  Maybe Rob can even play.... 

17 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

A few comments .... 

FT shooting was pathetic

Had 18 TOs and many of them dumb ones

DG and AD are not PGs and it shows. We need Rob. What the heck is wrong with him? We ever going to be able to count on him?

AD was really bad tonight. Part of that was he’s playing out of position.

This team plays hard. You can tell CAM demands it at all times. 

DG played out of his mind. There were a couple of “those” moments we’re used to, but he limited them for the most part. 

Great team effort. 

Still won by 16 with really poor FT shooting and 18 TOS. Impressive. 

Keep it up on Sat. 

I just hope that DeRon keeps a good attitude and the lack of pt doesn't sour him and cause any conflict on this team.

7 minutes ago, HoosierRN said:

Hello all,

Been reading this forum across all the sites for years and decided to finally sign on.

I think with all that was said the most encouraging thing for me was how gassed we made FSU look for the last 5 minutes. Their shots started missing badly and they were ineffective on the drives. Their legs were gone. IU for the most part looked well conditioned. And this was with getting very little from Durham, DD, and with Phinisee still out. With those three having better nights and getting back IU is so deep. So pumped for how this team can stand with physical team and still score well. How many free throws did we miss. Felt like we could have scored 100.

Welcome to posting here!

Obviously, this was our first big test and we passed!

Some thoughts/observations:

- Devonte was, without question, the MVP.

- Trayce was solid.  Damn Solid!  as was Armon.

- Speaking of "solid", I really like what I'm seeing from Justin Smith.  He's playing strong, playing with confidence, and looks to be stepping up as a vocal leader.

- Damezi makes me nervous, but he's clearly improved from last year and that 3 toward the end was beautiful.

- I was a little disappointed in the game Al played - missed FT's, going for the dunk, not alert on a few inbounds plays, and that charging foul was just dumb.  He didn't "stink", but we need him to play better (especially while Phin's out).

- I kept thinking we really need one more ball handler in the game and another scoring threat.  I think Rob P. is just the guy and we need him to get healthy and get back into the flow.

- Felt bad for Davis.  The two fouls ended his night and the first one was an awful call (yet somehow not as heinous as the one of Smith late in the game).

- Brunk was OK.  This is probably the kind of team he'll be at a disadvantage against, but not every team will be as long and athletic as FSU.

Overall, very good effort.  Green was a difference maker, but it was still a solid team victory.

7 minutes ago, HoosierRN said:

Hello all,

Welcome  aboard!!! And hi!

Green was Green.  His best game of his IU career.

We showed the depth and ball handling to keep up with a deep, pressing team.

We are a very good rebounding team both offensive and defensive.  We buried a very good rebounding team tonight on the boards.

We are a very good shooting team.

Our defense took a quantum leap tonight.  Hope this is a trend.

This was CAM's best coached game of his career at IU.

29 minutes ago, JWoolsey said:

I'm legitimately baffled. To win anything of importance we need a special talent. We've got a guy that dropped 30 on 10/15 and apparently that's not important? 

The praise was in the game thread. I don't know why it hasn't been mentioned much here...but obviously he was the big reason we won tonight.

What a great win against a really, really tough team. We had some guys grow up tonight and it was great to see. Gosh, I really hope we can get Phinisee back and fully healthy soon, because we're really a strong point guard away from being a really dangerous team. 

Some ramblings:

- Green was obviously phenomenal. He carried IU tonight

- TJD answered all questions about whether he could produce like he has against tougher competition. He was great as well.

- Smith is playing so well. So within himself. It's great to see. 

- Aarman Franklin stepped up big time tonight. Hit a big three in the first half. Provided some stability bringing the ball up in the back half of the second half when things were getting sloppy. Good D as always. Just a really encouraging performance. Oh, and that pass to Anderson for the 3 that put the game away was a great pass. 

- Like others have said, Anderson played his best defense as a Hoosier. He doesn't have to be a great defender, he just has to be solid.  Defense earned him more time and then he took advantage of it. He calmed things down by being the inbounder and was a threat to shoot.

- While I wish we shot better from the foul line, I'm way more impressed with taking 38 than I am disappointed in the percentage. If we keep getting to the line like this, it's going to be a good season.

- Some of the turnovers were bad, but this was a tough team and it was our first test like that. I actually think 18 wasn't too bad. 

- Not sure what was up with Durham. He's had a weird thing lately where he plays well at the beginning of the game (first 10+ minutes) and then gets progressively worse as the game goes on. 

Overall, just a huge and impressive win!

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

The Hall was rockin’! Was great to hear.  Was a little worried but in the end I’m glad FSU made several runs, showed our resiliency.  Proud of the boys, onto Wisky!

Absolutely fantastic Crowd and it was surprisingly not a full crowd.  But one comment, students need to be classier than tossing things onto the court.  Other than that the entire crowd was really good.

Green got well deserved MVP chants and really shined today.  Excited to see how the on the road at Wisky turns out as IU always seem to struggle there.

1 hour ago, azhoosier said:

It certainly looks like Damezi has come a long way since last year. Happy for him as well as the entire team playing much better since last year. 

damezi's bread and butter right now is going to be his defense. he's so big and quick. it's going to take a while but i think he might be a factor his next two years, something i wouldn't have said last year. 

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

A few comments .... 

FT shooting was pathetic

Had 18 TOs and many of them dumb ones

DG and AD are not PGs and it shows. We need Rob. What the heck is wrong with him? We ever going to be able to count on him?

AD was really bad tonight. Part of that was he’s playing out of position.

This team plays hard. You can tell CAM demands it at all times. 

DG played out of his mind. There were a couple of “those” moments we’re used to, but he limited them for the most part. 

Great team effort. 

Still won by 16 with really poor FT shooting and 18 TOS. Impressive. 

Keep it up on Sat. 

or...green is a point guard and it shows

1 hour ago, IUFan4Life said:

AD didn't play his best, we had 18 turnovers, shot mediocre at the ft line, didn't have our point guard, & JH is still knocking the rust off. Oh yeah, we won by 16!!! Nice win boys!!!

hunter. 2 inbounds, 2 throw aways. bench buzzer

Archived