Florida State Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, skrappy74 said:

Exactly- we outplayed ranked Marquette on Natl TV last November- draining 3s - great crowd-and controlling the game... so I’m staying guarded for now. BUT this roster seems better. When there’s a substitution Instead of losing confidence I instead find myself feeling excited to see the new guy play!

We were going to be really good last year. There is this injury thing thst everyone seems to forget thst completely de railed the season. Still was 1 win away from the tourney 

we will be top 25 all year this year IF we stay healthy 

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

If you believe that poll (I have some doubts reading through it, but I think IU has earned a spot in the top 25), IU would finish 4th in the Big Ten, a far cry from where all the pre-season "experts" placed them.

...and Dayton at #9...how about that?  Haven't missed a beat since Archie left.  That's the sign of a good coaching tree.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

If you believe that poll (I have some doubts reading through it, but I think IU has earned a spot in the top 25), IU would finish 4th in the Big Ten, a far cry from where all the pre-season "experts" placed them.

...and Dayton at #9...how about that?  Haven't missed a beat since Archie left.  That's the sign of a good coaching tree.

Well, at least a sign of an administration hiring competent coaches.  Anthony Grant doesn't have any ties to Archie, but he's always been a pretty good coach.  Dayton is a good place for him. 

8 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Well, at least a sign of an administration hiring competent coaches.  Anthony Grant doesn't have any ties to Archie, but he's always been a pretty good coach.  Dayton is a good place for him. 

Oops...I was thinking that an assistant was hired...faulty memory, I guess.  At any rate, happy to see Dayton doing well even after they lost he best coach they ever had. 😛 

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Oops...I was thinking that an assistant was hired...faulty memory, I guess. 

Grant brought his own staff.  One of Archie's assistants went to Davidson, one went to Syracuse, and....damn, where'd that Ostrom guy end up? :coffee:

Also, slight correction....Grant didn't have any connection to Archie, but he does have a slight connection to Dayton.....he just played there for four years.  Oops on my part as well.

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

Along with the road test, I think the other test will be whether IU can generate enough offense to win in close games against really good teams when we're not getting the whistles we have been getting. Is the offense efficient enough to win a game at Wisconsin if we don't shoot 10+ more free throws than the other team? I would be pretty surprised if we shoot our average of 29ish free throws on Saturday. Can we still win if that number is closer to 15-18?

Or 4 to 5?

Wisconsin refs always hose us, hate to sound like an excuse maker but the 'officiating' there is inane. 

5 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Fisch has probably forgotten more about college basketball than some analysts know.

Although I think he works better with a partner. He and Buck can be hilarious at times during football games.

My favorite thing about Fischer is when the other team makes an unlikely play (ala the 3rd and long when Purdue caught that deflected pass for a first down in OT) or hits a throw in 3 (I remember a banker in 3 by a big man against Maryland last year) and he is sooo exasperated. He is hilarious. I mean I hate it too...but it just does a great job explaining how crazy stuff like that is by his comments lol.

Archived