Can we...WILL we...Beat Wisconsin on the road?

I've seen us get hosed out of our skulls too many times up there to think we'll get a fair shake ever again. I guarantee Wisconsin will watch film from our game, see how quickly Davis picked up two fouls, and will flop, flop, flop until they get TJD out of there. 

And you thought that fast-break "foul" on Smith last night was bad? One of the refs assigned to this game just grinned and said "hold my beer." 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my concern. Can IU win a game and score enough to win when we don't get 30 FTA? I'd be shocked if we go to the line that many times on the road at Wisconsin, but is our defense and half court offense good enough to keep us in a game where we're not getting the whistles on the road? That will be another good "toughness" check for the team. 

8 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

ESPN giving us a 27% chance to win.  Given that we're playing at the Kohl Center I'll take it.

Not sure how ESPN determines that - but I heard Ken Pomeroy has us as a 1 point favorite. However, I don't think Ken includes the fact we haven't won at the Kohl Center since the Taft administration in his algorithm.

9 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Can we beat them on the road?

Can we beat them with a toad?

With Smith in "good Justin" mode,

And if TJD keeps being a load.

I very much like Green, Brunk and DurHAM,

Beat the Badgers? Yes we can.

I clicked "sad" on your post, just so you could collect all 5 emojis.

IU emoji.JPG

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Time of the year is perfect

CBzCbykUIAEBx48?format=jpg&name=240x240

Grinch is right. As well as time of the year.

Lest we forget.  Bo resigned  mid season, in December. Over allegations he had an extramarital affair.

Lawsuit filed over Bo Ryan affair

I keep asking myself...."Who would ever want to have an affair with a Grinch ?  "

1 hour ago, southsidehoosier said:

Now you’ve collected the five emoji stones snap your fingers and get us that win in Wisconsin 

I snapped my fingers and I'm now inside a black void, and all I can see are Dan Dakich, endless reruns of Jersey Shore and 3 of 5fouls ex wives.  That means one of two things....either I'm actually Thanos and I need some practice, or I've been transported to hell. 

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Should be t'd up for flopping. 

Agree.  That might be the worst flop I ever saw.

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This was actually from 2017, so it pre-dates the rule. Dillon Brooks of Oregon against Utah. It should be known as the Dillon Brooks rule.

Considering the nature of the flop, I agree he should get naming rights.  I hope his buddies rag on him all the time about that one.

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Just sayin'....you guys realize that with our new 'get to the line strategy' opposing fans will be crying 'foul' (no pun intended) that they are getting hosed by the refs due to the huge foul discrepancy in our team's favor?

....it's gonna be awesome! 😎

Something I noticed regularly about Knight's teams is that they MADE more free throws thank their opponents ATTEMPTED.

No wonder Coach Knight thinks so highly of Coach Miller...there's a little of his game in CAM.

Archived