Can we...WILL we...Beat Wisconsin on the road?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Assembly Calls! Moving screens! Blah Blah

-- Generic Purdue Fan

Funny that is what Jockitch says when he is calling our games too. It was so refreshing to have a prime time game not have him on the call! The announcers last night I think did a great job.

Looking at WI, they play mainly 9 guys. Shoot 30% from 3 and 42% overall (81% on free throws). Their main guy and really only big is 6'11" Nate Reuvers. I think we will able to throw a lot of bodies at him and, ideally, get him in foul trouble. I hope we go inside early and often.  Their only SR is Pritzl but they have 10 JRs. They have failed to score over 65 in 4 of their 7 games. They play @ NC State (Kenpom #46) tonight so that will be an opportunity to get a better look. Kenpom has them #56. Unless someone goes Devonte Green on us, I see us getting an easy W. Just take care of the ball and play our game.

57 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Funny that is what Jockitch says when he is calling our games too. It was so refreshing to have a prime time game not have him on the call! The announcers last night I think did a great job.

Yeah...Fisch was great as usual...Suhr was again, the master of the obvious.:snack:

7 hours ago, MPM said:

One thing is for sure. They have no momentum coming into the game after losing 3 straight. Losing to teams like Richmond and New Mexico on neutral floors can’t be good for the confidence. 

That could be bad..they probably are ready to get back for some home cookin..and I don’t mean a meal either

I would assume that our guys are ready to change that narrative of always losing up in Madison. As TJD said in the post game, this teams mindset is to not over look any opponent and take everything one game at a time. They know this game will boost us into the top 25 and starting off B10 1-0 with a road win is a good stepping stone for this year. I'm sure Archie will have them ready. 

3 hours ago, rico said:

Not a must win by any stretch of the imagination but these are the games we need to win for a chance at the B1G title.

Even more, these are the types of games that separate the top 3-4 in the conference from the teams that finish in the 5-8 range. Are we in the MSU, OSU, Maryland, Michigan group or are we in the Iowa, Penn State, Purdue, Minnesota group? 

The only way IU doesn't win this game is if Wisconsin goes nuts from 3. 

Their two best from deep are Davison (30.3%) and Trice (30.2%).

As a team, they are shooting 29% from 3......

Between TJD, D Davis, and Brunk.....I think IU can shut down Reuvers.

Archived