Davis and Hunter

Bustout

Will Davis start getting some of Brunk’s minutes?  Two quick fouls didn’t help tonight, but he’s been non-existent all year.

Is Hunter caught in a numbers game? Looks like Damezi is getting more minutes than him right now ... which he’s earned.  But would like to see Hunter on the court more as a second shooter. 

I don’t think DD will be more then what you seen tonight...he will have games here and there where he plays well,but I don’t know..for a player who at one time was considered a top ten recruit things have certainly not panned out for him...injuries have played a part and maybe the Achilles injury was to much for him to fully overcome....Hunter still needs some time to get going again...hoping that by B10 play he can give a good 10-12 minutes per game..last night was just not a good look for him

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

I don’t think DD will be more then what you seen tonight...he will have games here and there where he plays well,but I don’t know..for a player who at one time was considered a top ten recruit things have certainly not panned out for him...injuries have played a part and maybe the Achilles injury was to much for him to fully overcome....Hunter still needs some time to get going again...hoping that by B10 play he can give a good 10-12 minutes per game..last night was just not a good look for him

I agree with this.  De'Ron is a shadow of the player he was coming out of hs, I think.  His injuries have played a huge part in his loss of ability, I believe.  Mile knows this better than anyone here.  Hunter is simply still recovering from being away from the game and under severe stress.  I'm thinking that folks here don't have a clue as to the seriousness of his medical condition of last year.  Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I feel we need to be patient with Hunter because he was totally inactive for a year.  I know I have problems getting back into the swing of things at work when I have a week off so I have no idea how it would be being off for a whole year.

I agree with Scott. I think a lot of us underestimated what a year off from doing anything really does to your game. It’s not hard to see a ton of potential in Jerome though. Hope he stays healthy and keeps working hard. 

6 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I think CAM has been saving De'Ron a bit in these early games. I think he will find his niche in the conference games. I like what I have seen from him so far. Let's see what happens @ WI

I tend to agree.  You dont put your clydesdale in to run the kentucky derby, you use him when you want to move something.  Had FSU stayed with their bigger guys and the pace slowed down, i think DD gets more minutes.  With the game being high tempo, thats just puttung him in a position to fail.  DD will have his moments to shine this year, last night just wasnt one of them.

As far as Hunter goes, last night had to be tough for him.  By all accounts, being the player he was comming out of hs, to lay an egg like that cant be an easy pill to swallow.  He was in way over his head last night and was not prepared for the level of athlete FSU has.  I hope he takes that and uses it as fuel to get better rather than get frustrated and hang his head.  I think he has the potential to be an absolute monster if he can get his mind and body clicking at 100%.  I just hope he is still wearing candy stripes when it happens.

Archived