Folks should watch Hamilton's press conference

He is one of my favorite coaches in college basketball. You can also tell his kids respect the crap out of him and would run through a wall for him. Don’t think he deserved that tech tonight. Refs called every travel on them but missed some of ours...could have been salty but was classy instead.

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He is one of my favorite coaches in college basketball. You can also tell his kids respect the crap out of him and would run through a wall for him. Don’t think he deserved that tech tonight. Refs called every travel on them but missed some of ours...could have been salty but was classy instead.

Agree. Especially the first part. I always have 2-3 coaches who I watch from a distance and grow to really like and he's always been one. His teams are very tough/fast/physical. Multiple S16's and Elite 8 recently shows the following.  Find a good coach and just stick with him. 

22 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Coach Hamilton is and has been a class act. Man looks great for 72 years old. I need his secret 

A) Absolute class act.  And probably underrated at this point for what he's done.  500+ wins is nothing to sneeze at. 

B) Man has 40 years on me and just looking at him, there's zero doubt he could kick my @$$ up one side and down the other. 

19 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

A) Absolute class act.  And probably underrated at this point for what he's done.  500+ wins is nothing to sneeze at. 

B) Man has 40 years on me and just looking at him, there's zero doubt he could kick my @$$ up one side and down the other. 

Yes on both accounts. He has a presence that demands respect and you see it in his teams. It's not fear it's respect. Been a big fan of his work

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yes on both accounts. He has a presence that demands respect and you see it in his teams. It's not fear it's respect. Been a big fan of his work

99% respect, 1% fear.  You respect him so much you'll do it his way, and in return you'll get the same.  You also know he wouldn't hesitate to unleash hell on you if you cross him one too many times. 

Just now, southsidehoosier said:

I didn’t realize he was 72. He looks great for his age. 

Can't remember who it was exactly, but a guy like Hamilton was approached by a younger colleague who said "I hope I'm in as good of shape as you when I'm your age".  To which he replied, "Son, you're not in this good of shape now."

21 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Mile you retired way too early. You should go teach youngsters at local colleges. 😊

I appreciate the thought.  We have a great Community College close to home.  And I actually thought of teaching there at one time.  Ironic that you mention that. 

Archived