IU 26 Rurtgers 23 !!

I'm happy you got to see this shutout win in a B1G game, Mile! You're way too loyal of a fan to have to miss it..

Coming into this one, Rutgers had been playing some decent football and they got flat out dominated today.This one feels really good because of how they played a full 60 minutes despite the @5 hour span between kickoff and the final whistle.Focused team.

Now, just BEAT Purdon;t  and IU goes bowl-ing!! 

Is anyone else making the trip up to West Lafayette next week?  I am working on that since I lost out on my ticket money today.

9 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

I'm happy you got to see this shutout win in a B1G game, Mile! You're way too loyal of a fan to have to miss it..

Coming into this one, Rutgers had been playing some decent football and they got flat out dominated today.This one feels really good because of how they played a full 60 minutes despite the @5 hour span between kickoff and the final whistle.Focused team.

Is anyone else making the trip up to West Lafayette next week?  I am working on that since I lost out on my ticket money today.

Would love to see Iowa take care of business in the second half today and finish off Purdue’s bowl hopes. They’ll have nothing but pride to play for next week which should give IU enough of an edge on the road to pull out a win and go bowling. 

2 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

Pride and the spoil chance. Next best thing to them after winning is ruining something for IU.

I'm about to flip back to BTN and watch it now. Let's hope Iowa demoralizes them! 

Wouldn’t mind seeing the Hawkeyes knock Sindelar out of the game and make him unavailable next week. Does Purdue even have a backup at qb at the point in the season?

18 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts.  Talking about shutouts, it has been since 1993 that IU has had two or more shut outs in one season

All lined up for Old Oaken Bucket, bowl bid | IU | The Journal Gazette

You're welcome! I just considered how you're all of the way out in Colorado yet you're are just as in touch with the pains this program has went through as anyone else who follows closely. Year in year out.

It's hard to believe I was 15 the last time this happened, though!  To be honest, I barely recall those games at all, but I do remember who was leading the program and the toughness that had been instilled in the players during Coach Mallory's tenure. It's been a long climb to reach the middle of the pack again.Ironic that even the timeline between one time mediocrity , to the basement, and back upward to mediocrity feels so full circle. However, it is still what it is to me. The lower middle of the pack .IU still isn't even where Mallory had them. it's close, but not quite.

I can't imagine how it actually feels for people who recall them being on TOP back in 1968, and this all came to mind watching that team get honored yesterday.  I may be greedy , but I'm not satisfied yet.  Not with the year, ,and not with the program. I wasn't 24 years ago, and I'm not now. I want to feel THAT way .the way they did in 1968 , 10 before I took my first breath! I have no idea how that feels, but I've pictured it enough times for that longing to feel etched into my DNA as a lifetime IU Football fan no less than someone who was there..

As happy as I am about yesterday, this season would still feel somewhat empty if they drop next week's game .

However, seeing yesterday's full game effort materialize in a result that should come with it, is something that can't be taken away from this team and the program no matter how the Purdue game ends up going.

I just hope they add more to it for all of us to positively reflect upon after this season. I still hope they keep building on it until they get where we all want it to be. I hope they feel very unsatisfied !! 

Thanks for the sharing the link!  GO IU! 

Archived