Women's Basketball

I guess Penn is in the portal. And to me... good riddance. She transferred when her team was ranked top 20, basically all year long. She doesn't want to be a part of a winning team.. deuces. Personally I think she was pouting because Berger passed her in everything, outside of 3pt shooting. 

I think NCH will be back, as well. So, we should have all 5 starters back. Gulbe really came on in the tourney. 

We are two good bench players away from being awesome. Bringing in two solid FR guards next year, one is top 50 recruit. I think we will get at least one transfer, as well. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I guess Penn is in the portal. And to me... good riddance. She transferred when her team was ranked top 20, basically all year long. She doesn't want to be a part of a winning team.. deuces. Personally I think she was pouting because Berger passed her in everything, outside of 3pt shooting. 

I think NCH will be back, as well. So, we should have all 5 starters back. Gulbe really came on in the tourney. 

We are two good bench players away from being awesome. Bringing in two solid FR guards next year, one is top 50 recruit. I think we will get at least one transfer, as well. 

Great take on situation. Need some more shooting ability 

• Like 2

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Great take on situation. Need some more shooting ability 

Agree. Hoping Gulbe comes on in that aspect... shot 32% this year and went O-fer in the tourney. She develops into a true 3 and D type player with the way she boards. It'll really open things up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I can see some more transfers if some girls stay for another year. I personally think your accessment is right on. They have good chemistry so I'd hate to mess with that too much but personally I like NCH but think they need an upgrade at her point guard position. More speed, more 3pt shooting...and someone that can create a little more than her. Good piece but not great. That would be my big upgrade if we could land someone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

Patberg coming back next years is huge for this team

Agreed. Mackenzie Holmes to me is kinda the rock to this team but something about Patberg when she transfered in....suddenly it seemed to transfer in ND culture into our team and our success took off...at least it kinda feels that way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Agreed. Mackenzie Holmes to me is kinda the rock to this team but something about Patberg when she transfered in....suddenly it seemed to transfer in ND culture into our team and our success took off...at least it kinda feels that way.

I have always believed that Patberg is the glue holding it all together. I might be a little biased having seen her play a lot all the way back to middle school

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I can see some more transfers if some girls stay for another year. I personally think your accessment is right on. They have good chemistry so I'd hate to mess with that too much but personally I like NCH but think they need an upgrade at her point guard position. More speed, more 3pt shooting...and someone that can create a little more than her. Good piece but not great. That would be my big upgrade if we could land someone.

I agree... but I do think she will play much better offensively next year. Patberg is the PG though. I would not be surprised if one of the FR move passed her. She's an excellent bench piece though.