Women's Basketball

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, snowling said:

Quite odd that this was not put out there over 2 years ago when it happened.  I’m not sure how this $600k plus compares to other salaries in WCBB.  I know muffet makes over $1 million but she has been around a long time with extended success and a a championship.  I would be interested in knowing how this compares to other coaches with similar tenure at power 5 conferences.

8 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

Quite odd that this was not put out there over 2 years ago when it happened.  I’m not sure how this $600k plus compares to other salaries in WCBB.  I know muffet makes over $1 million but she has been around a long time with extended success and a a championship.  I would be interested in knowing how this compares to other coaches with similar tenure at power 5 conferences.

Geno is at the top of the heap (and rightfully so) at $2.4M/year.
Kim Mulkey (Baylor): $2.2M.
Muffet McGraw (ND): $1.6M.
Vic Schaeffer (Mississippi St): $1.6M
Dawn Staley (South Carolina): $1.45M
Kellie Harper (Tennessee): $750K
Sharon Versyp (Purdue): $600K

It's officially undisclosed, but Tara Vanderveer (Stanford) is in the neighborhood of $1.5M. 

Just a random scattering of women's coaches that came to mind.  I'd say $600K is in the ballpark for now. 

On 12/19/2019 at 7:27 AM, Zlinedavid said:

Geno is at the top of the heap (and rightfully so) at $2.4M/year.
Kim Mulkey (Baylor): $2.2M.
Muffet McGraw (ND): $1.6M.
Vic Schaeffer (Mississippi St): $1.6M
Dawn Staley (South Carolina): $1.45M
Kellie Harper (Tennessee): $750K
Sharon Versyp (Purdue): $600K

It's officially undisclosed, but Tara Vanderveer (Stanford) is in the neighborhood of $1.5M. 

Just a random scattering of women's coaches that came to mind.  I'd say $600K is in the ballpark for now. 

And with her exceptional progress to date, she's going to get a real bump up going forward

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

And with her exceptional progress to date, she's going to get a real bump up going forward

I think the pay is good. I would throw incentives in there for winning the B1G and getting #1 seed in NCAA and for winning it all. You do those type things...you deserve the money....taking the totals perhaps double. Once you get a program to that level it would make moving and restarting the rebuilding almost impossible to think of and keep them around. I could see a small good will increase perhaps for how far we've come but to get over a million dollar range you need to do those things I listed.

Watched the game on TV and both teams came out applying great defensive pressure.  IU got stuck at 4 points in the first quarter (don't remember whether that's all they got in 1st quarter), and just couldn't get back on top.  UCLA had a very good player who kept IU from getting close for very long. 

BTW the Athletic Department is doing a great job of promoting this team.

They could not hit any outside shots, and, like the Men's team, they missed far too many free throws.  Couple these with not being able to defend the one UCLA girl who played and shot exceptionally well, they lost.  Game would have been quite different if IU would have made just 65% of their free throws.  I thought the women were supposed to be solid at the line.

Archived