Hunter an Davis

I'm sure that you know that both of these young men have had serious medical issues...right?  Davis is never going to be fast, agile, quick.  Hunter is still recovering from a serious medical condition of his lower leg.  He basically couldn't do anything for a year relating to playing basketball.  He needs time to get back into the game.

51 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The best teams play 8-9 guys.  Yes. We need guys to be ready in case of injury, but someone has to be the 11th man, which means limited minutes.

Agree, and while I feel bad for Davis and all of the injuries he's suffered, he hasn't shown anything in the time he has gotten to warrant time ahead of TJD, Brunk, Smith (when we go smaller) or Race Thompson. There's just not room for another guy in that rotation.  

7 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

My 88 year old mother-in-law is a die hard IU BBall fan. This morning when she came in to visit, she mentioned the game. She said De'ron looked like he was in concrete he was so slow.

Very astute observation......

At this point he is overthinking the game. Maybe.  Free throw shooting might be an extension of that.  He needs to be who he is and control what he can control.  

Archived