The Irishman

• 2 weeks later...

I watched it last night...

As ColtsIUDomer said, the CGI you have to get used to...but it can't cover up a 70 year old man's walk, or talk, or mannerisms...

I thought the story was good, but watching DeNiro, Pesci, Keitel, and Pacino it was like when I watched Willie Mays play for the Mets...sadness...Greatness doesn't last forever...

If you like the gangster genre, I'd watch it, but for the casual movie fan, it's a pass...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 7:52 AM, IUFLA said:

I watched it last night...

As ColtsIUDomer said, the CGI you have to get used to...but it can't cover up a 70 year old man's walk, or talk, or mannerisms...

I thought the story was good, but watching DeNiro, Pesci, Keitel, and Pacino it was like when I watched Willie Mays play for the Mets...sadness...Greatness doesn't last forever...

If you like the gangster genre, I'd watch it, but for the casual movie fan, it's a pass...

Just finished it up. Very much agree with this. Good story line sure but man it's hard to see some of the best that way. I guess i would give it a B or C+....nothing that was spectacular and honestly thought Pacino's portrayal as Hoffa was almost annoying at times. Oh well.

Archived