Dylan Powell Commits to Indiana

KDB

Love adding a grad transfer OL.  Started a few games last year (2018), but was hurt most (all?) of this year.  At minimum should provide us with a solid backup, but hopefully he can come in take over one of the guard spots.  If he can, and Cronk returns, we would have an awesome line assuming Cronk would move to LG.  Bedford, Cronk, Crider, Powell, Jones left to right would be all guys with talent and experience.  Hopefully he comes in ready to start.

I'm also seeing it reported that he has 2 years of eligibility left.  He redshirted as a freshman, played as a RS freshman and RS sophomore, and missed all of his RS junior season with injury, so I'm not sure how they're certain he has 2 left.  Would you be able to know you're eligible for a 6th year by the end of your 4th year?  I would think we'd still have to petition the NCAA to get a 6th year for him to be here for 2 years.

Edit: just read that he is saying his plan is to petition for a 6th year so he can play 2 more.  He sounded confident in it, and it seems like the NCAA has gotten more relaxed granting extra years to guys who missed 2 full seasons, so that should be good for us.

Really like this addition. I'll take as many lineman as possible each and every year...especially coming from a quality program like Stanford. Enrolling in January, starting MBA in February. This feels like a recruiting win because of our play on the field.....which is a nice change.

Archived