Wisconsin post game thread

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My biggest complaint is that when you have a team that’s reeling, a fast start can not only take the crowd out, but cause for some confidence issues from the other team. A here we go again attitude. Knowing this Archie needed the best 5 guys on the floor to start the game. It’s asking a whole lot from 2 freshmen in this type of environment. DG needed to start and bring that senior leadership into an environment like that. I don’t question coach often, but starting 2 freshmen in that environment wasn’t the right call and I’d be saying the same thing even in a win.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll say it again in this thread. 5 seconds to get over this loss. Wisconsin won't shoot like that again and I'm fairly certain we won't show up like that again. We'll see Wisconsin March 7th. Moving onto this week.

They will if left that open again. 

Yeah. 

Thing is i’m Just not surprised. That stupid arena with it’s pathetic officiating is our personal hell. 

First B1G road game, at Wisconsin, with a team that has focused on getting to the line, and missing wing play and its lead point guard, really not a good setup for this game. 

I am just as if not more disappointed as anyone here, but what I am thinking is not oh crap there goes the season, but well, will CAM adjust the offense and will we have Rob leading the team in the next game with a solid strategy to utilizing the inside out and perimeter game more. We can’t win we’ll in the B1G with the 3 forward lineup, we need playmaking and  effective outside shooting from the wing, we need our lead guard back.

4 minutes ago, MPM said:

My biggest complaint is that when you have a team that’s reeling, a fast start can not only take the crowd out, but cause for some confidence issues from the other team. A here we go again attitude. Knowing this Archie needed the best 5 guys on the floor to start the game. It’s asking a whole lot from 2 freshmen in this type of environment. DG needed to start and bring that senior leadership into an environment like that. I don’t question coach often, but starting 2 freshmen in that environment wasn’t the right call and I’d be saying the same thing even in a win.

Agree and said it before last game. Green absolutely should be starting. 

I can take getting beat like that to ranked team every once in a while, it’s just going to happen.   Wisconsin is not one of those teams.  They were having trouble breaking the 50’s in a game and we let them almost score that in the first half.  We need Rob back so bad.  Little effort and just don’t understand DG not playing till he can’t go no more.

Lets ALL just relax & take a deep breath.  We all knew w/o Rob this team is vulnerable but we escaped playing weak teams and at home gainst a top 20 team.  Did I fail to mention we got 30pts at home from DG gainst this top 20 team?  30 today has us all knotted up on the road in a hostile environment.  We will and always will play diff on the road vs at home and this is our first true road test for some unknown reason.  Next 4 games are at home and should get Rob back which is critical.  I won’t judge this team until Rob is back along with Devonte so let’s just relax.

10 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Agree and said it before last game. Green absolutely should be starting. 

What if Green is still not fully healthy?  If he is YOU better believe he is in the starting lineup because he’s our best player.  C’mon people think, CAM knows DG is his pudding.

Turned the game off at the half.  Knew there was nothing positive to not from this game.  Hopefully, CAM gets their attention this week in practice and we them return to the play we saw against FSU.  In the last two games we've seen the best and the hopefully the worst this team is capable of performing.  My concern is that we brought in CAM to improve the culture and to give the team a new identity.  We were to become a defensive minded team.  We were of the opinion that it would improve our chances of winning on the road especially because "D can travel better than O."  We are now in yr 3 with CAM.  He has to produce results this yr.  I doubt RP healthy and DG starting changes the outcome of tonight. And of course, this poor a showing tonight sure helps remind us of the unbelievable slide from last yr.  

I don't think the sky is falling yet and not saying the season is lost.  I am saying that all is still not well with this team.  The jury is still out on whether we learn and move forward from tonight. or we wither on the vine another year.  

1 minute ago, BornHoosier said:

What if Green is still not fully healthy?  If he is YOU better believe he is in the starting lineup because he’s our best player.  C’mon people think, CAM knows DG is his pudding.

He still played.  Should have been out there at the beginning to keep everyone in check for our first road game.  He can get the same minutes but definitely should have been running the show at the beginning.

1 minute ago, Hard Hat said:

He still played.  Should have been out there at the beginning to keep everyone in check for our first road game.  He can get the same minutes but definitely should have been running the show at the beginning.

The game I watched had no bearing if Green started or came off the bench.  This was a young team playing with the deer in the headlights look in their first road game which I still don’t understand.  They played like ROCKY fought against Clubber Lang in the first matchup.  UNINSPIRING gets you beat on road in the B10.  Let’s hope Rob plays the Apollo Creed role March 7th!

We haven't won here since Jan 1998, which is 2 months before I was even alive. Devonte Green starting doesn't win us this game and neither does Rob. No need to sit and analyze, this is a loss on the schedule every year. Games NOT @ Wisconsin are the ones we should be focused on. We have the talent of a tournament team, and we should judge this team on whether they make it or not. The sky is not falling because we lost a game we lose every year. 

Archived