Wisconsin post game thread

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m generally a pretty optimistic fan, but that was abysmal from start to finish. I can swallow teams getting hot and hitting contested shots. But minus a handful, they were getting great looks.

We gotta have a better performance from Brunk. He has a tendency to take contact down low when he has the ball and throw up wild hook/post shots. IMO he only needs to be shooting layup/dunks. When he gets fed in the post it generally doesn’t end well.

Embarrassing

All I can say is that I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed in the lack of effort, I'm disappointed Wisconsin's regression (progression?) to the mean had to be against IU. A team that normally shoots mid 30% from three and has been shooting sub 30% will eventually have a stellar shooting day. But I'm mainly disappointed in myself. I'm disappointed I allowed myself to bathe in the FSU glory. I'm disappointed that I thought IU had a real shot at winning @ Wisconsin. I'm disappointed I started counting the wins before this game. I told myself "they've got a real shot at 13-0 going into the Maryland game..." what an idiot!

But, at the end of the day, this was just a bad game and this team will be over this game by tomorrow so I should too. I'll be right back here with you all refreshing HSN every 30 seconds to see what everyone has to say. Except that Bobcat guy. He can go f#&k himself. 

Embarrassing!!!  I can handle a loss at Wiscy but that was a beat down.   We were not prepared for this game.    All that crappy OOC schedule did is make the fans feel good about this team.  It did absolutely nothing to prepare the team for the B1G.  I'd rather have a couple losses against quality opponents than having no road experience.    CAM can't afford too many more lapses like today.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

I am perplexed by Hunter.  I know, I know, he sat out a year and is still knocking the rust off.  The reports prior to his injury were off the charts, yet I haven't seen anything to think he is going to be impactful.  Can't wait until I eat major crow on this one.  We need Rob, and I think this team may have listened too much to everyone talking about how great they were.  On to UConn.

Glad I have had internet problems all afternoon because it allowed me to cool off before coming on here to post.  That was to say the least a very disappointing effort that this team out to today.  The defense was inexcusable and gave them way to many open looks and we were just a step or two behind all day.  I thought this game could be trouble and  a lot of people were over looking UW because of their last 3 games.  Their stats show that they shoot way better at home than they do away from home.  Not one player came to play today and none really played well at all.

1 hour ago, BornHoosier said:

Lets ALL just relax & take a deep breath.  We all knew w/o Rob this team is vulnerable but we escaped playing weak teams and at home gainst a top 20 team.  Did I fail to mention we got 30pts at home from DG gainst this top 20 team?  30 today has us all knotted up on the road in a hostile environment.  We will and always will play diff on the road vs at home and this is our first true road test for some unknown reason.  Next 4 games are at home and should get Rob back which is critical.  I won’t judge this team until Rob is back along with Devonte so let’s just relax.

Next 4 games are not at home because we play UCONN in New York and play ND in Indy

I think Miller is a pretty good coach, BUT, he better start playing the right players. Joey B, is just not good enough, Thompson can't play, Davis, should never be allowed out of the paint. When I was coaching, I heard John Wooden speak at a clinic. He said find 7 players and stick with them, somebody asked him if they didn't get tired, he said at first, but not after they played a few games. His teams pressed 40 minutes a game. He said when they beat Kentucky in the championship game, he thought they did look a little bit tired WHEN THEY CUT DOWN THE NETS!!! Why do coaches think they know more than John Wooden? He only won 11 National championships. IU has some pretty good players, Start them, and then PLAY THEM!

1 hour ago, DireBump said:

We haven't won here since Jan 1998, which is 2 months before I was even alive. Devonte Green starting doesn't win us this game and neither does Rob. No need to sit and analyze, this is a loss on the schedule every year. Games NOT @ Wisconsin are the ones we should be focused on. We have the talent of a tournament team, and we should judge this team on whether they make it or not. The sky is not falling because we lost a game we lose every year. 

Well if those two were out on the court maybe this team does not get behind 20-4 which pretty much the end of the game.  You never know the outcome of the game if we got off to a good start.

4 minutes ago, Let said:

I think Miller is a pretty good coach, BUT, he better start playing the right players. Joey B, is just not good enough, Thompson can't play, Davis, should never be allowed out of the paint. When I was coaching, I heard John Wooden speak at a clinic. He said find 7 players and stick with them, somebody asked him if they didn't get tired, he said at first, but not after they played a few games. His teams pressed 40 minutes a game. He said when they beat Kentucky in the championship game, he thought they did look a little bit tired WHEN THEY CUT DOWN THE NETS!!! Why do coaches think they know more than John Wooden? He only won 11 National championships. IU has some pretty good players, Start them, and then PLAY THEM!

Wooden had the best players money could buy. A total hypocrite in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

I am perplexed by Hunter.  I know, I know, he sat out a year and is still knocking the rust off.  The reports prior to his injury were off the charts, yet I haven't seen anything to think he is going to be impactful.  Can't wait until I eat major crow on this one.  We need Rob, and I think this team may have listened too much to everyone talking about how great they were.  On to UConn.

Actually I thought he looked better today was more fluid with his movement today.  He got a few rebounds and assist today and played with some fire today.

Archived