Wisconsin post game thread

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it is part of being a sports fan but the over reaction over one game by any fan base can be hilarious.  That is why the UCONN game is important because if we can come out and play better and win then most fans will forget this game.  If we lose then everyone will think about how the season went out of control and the 1-12 stretch.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I still don't like this playing two conference games in December in the middle of the non conference schedule.  I guess it is better than how the ACC started the season with conference games.

What the Hell does that have to do with us getting curb stomped?

This team is about where I thought it was before the season started- play in for NCAA or 1 seed in NIT.  FSU game was exciting, but conference is going to be a grinder.  10-10 would be an almost herculean achievement.  8-12 and I think he's done an OK job.  This isn't a top level program anymore, I mean 2 FF appearances in 30 years and almost 20 years since the last one.  It is what it is.  Third year into Miller's tenure and they play one of the worst games in the history of the program.  I don't think he's the guy to return this team to prominence, but not sure who is.  I just hope they play harder next time.  It's not fun to watch when the players don't try.

4 minutes ago, bobtcat2 said:

This team is about where I thought it was before the season started- play in for NCAA or 1 seed in NIT.  FSU game was exciting, but conference is going to be a grinder.  10-10 would be an almost herculean achievement.  8-12 and I think he's done an OK job.  This isn't a top level program anymore, I mean 2 FF appearances in 30 years and almost 20 years since the last one.  It is what it is.  Third year into Miller's tenure and they play one of the worst games in the history of the program.  I don't think he's the guy to return this team to prominence, but not sure who is.  I just hope they play harder next time.  It's not fun to watch when the players don't try.

There's already been graphical depictions of getting kicked in the junk posted. No need for verbal reinforcement. :coffee:

I'm sorry.  I just don't buy that "we just had a bad game" crap.  I also do not believe in hexes. This was on Archie.  His team was not ready to play.  He did not start his best players.  He never called a TO until Wisc was completely comfortabe and already felt like they were the better team, etc, etc.  Also, how could he schedule all home games and have the first roader in Madison?   Losing on the road in the BIG is not so bad, but not like this against a team you should beat.  Where is Rob?  Start Green!  No more messing around.  There may be some teams we cannot beat, but we should take care of all the others.

So, I worked tonight and didn’t get to see the game. I was surprised to hear the score and how poorly overall the team played. So I guess I’m glad I couldn’t see it, and thus perhaps I have a different perspective.

Maybe it’s the wine talking, but I have seen a few (just a few) comments on Twitter re: our coach, etc., and all I can say to that is GOOD GRIEF.  It. Is. One. Game. 

Get. Over. It. 

The team will get there. We have loads of talent, and the kids are great ball players. This was the first road test, against a team that we notoriously have issues with on the road (add Minnesota to that and who knows why??).  It’s December 7. I love Archie. I’m in it to win it, and by March, I truly think IU will be in it to win it as well.  

To the team, if you read these message boards: we love ya, we’re behind ya, and we’re not going anywhere. Keep at it, keep your chin up, learn from what didn’t work, and go on from there. 

1 hour ago, bobtcat2 said:

I may regret this once the wine wears off, but I wanted to respond. Arguably one of the worst losses in IU basketball recent history was a 106-56 loss up at Minnesota in 1994, when Coach Knight was still the coach. 1994.  I’ve seen lackadaisical efforts from time to time for the past 20-10-15 odd years. It happens. The year after the last championship, 1987-1988, wasn’t a super great year. It happens. 

It’ll get better. Things will click. I don’t care if they haven’t been recent, but 5 championships makes us storied. It’s part of who we are as Hoosiers. We’ll get #6, and this time I’ll be in the stands at the event. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I still don't like this playing two conference games in December in the middle of the non conference schedule.  I guess it is better than how the ACC started the season with conference games.

It depends on who those games are against. I mean Purdue has the easiest 2 game stretch possible in vs Northwestern and @ Nebraska. If we have that same schedule, I’m confident we start off 2-0 in conference and we continue to get better as we play the tougher out of conference opponents that followed. I actually like it because if this trend continues, then it would be wise to put an early season schedule together that attempts to get your team ready earlier for conference play. Obviously, our early season schedule didn’t prepare us for the game today. Having Rob not able to play didn’t help either. 

3 hours ago, Let said:

I think Miller is a pretty good coach, BUT, he better start playing the right players. Joey B, is just not good enough, Thompson can't play, Davis, should never be allowed out of the paint. When I was coaching, I heard John Wooden speak at a clinic. He said find 7 players and stick with them, somebody asked him if they didn't get tired, he said at first, but not after they played a few games. His teams pressed 40 minutes a game. He said when they beat Kentucky in the championship game, he thought they did look a little bit tired WHEN THEY CUT DOWN THE NETS!!! Why do coaches think they know more than John Wooden? He only won 11 National championships. IU has some pretty good players, Start them, and then PLAY THEM!

Don’t give me that crap about John Wooden! He never won anything until Sam Gilbert started paying players to go to UCLA. He was really good at taking a bunch of great players and teaching them how to put their sox on. There are great coaches that played 7-8 players and won with them and there are great coaches that won with 9-11 player rotations. It all depends on who those players are how they play.

1 hour ago, bobtcat2 said:

Seriously, one of the worst games ever. You are just trolling, you have no clue what you’re talking about. Just go away.

4 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Embarrassing!!!  I can handle a loss at Wiscy but that was a beat down.   We were not prepared for this game.    All that crappy OOC schedule did is make the fans feel good about this team.  It did absolutely nothing to prepare the team for the B1G.  I'd rather have a couple losses against quality opponents than having no road experience.    CAM can't afford too many more lapses like today.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Yeah, shame we had to play and beat a top 25 team too. 🙄 If we beat UCONN and Nebraska everything will be right where it needs to be and prob where we expected it to be. Terrible display, sure, but worth overreacting, no.

Archived